Wanted: a couple of 6c33's

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
SimonC
Old Hand

#1 Wanted: a couple of 6c33's

Post by SimonC »

Hi everyone,

Having toasted one of my 6c33's I'm now in the market for another couple if anyone has some lying around they want to part with, if not who a good supplier in the UK for these?

Thanks

Simon C
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Simon,

Watford Valves have 6C33C-B for sale at £28.00 incl VAT. :)

Don't know if that is a good price or not :?:

NickG may have a view on this.

EDIT:

Checking out fleabay Watford price would appear rather expensive. Check out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SVETLANA-6C33C-B- ... .m63.l1177

Not in the UK but half Watford price including postage. :lol:
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I would say that those are a bit more that you need to pay. Though I have found that the Svetlanas are more linear than the normal Ullinov (sp), though of the four svets I had. only one survived.

If you just want a couple of valves Simon you are welcome to come and have a pair for the price of the petrol it will take to collect them from my place.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Nick wrote:I would say that those are a bit more that you need to pay. Though I have found that the Svetlanas are more linear than the normal Ullinov (sp), though of the four svets I had. only one survived.

If you just want a couple of valves Simon you are welcome to come and have a pair for the price of the petrol it will take to collect them from my place.
Cheers Nick, :)

I've only got 1 out of 4 still working as well, but a couple of them were poorly when I got them. Still, the one I killed went in spectacular fashion, it also managed to blow the tops off the all the cathode resistors (35W+heatsinking) so I guess the P/S has plenty of welly behind it.

Not sure when I can make it over, life is very busy for the next few weeks with family, decorating, kids birthdays and building a bat detector.

I'll drop you a PM nearer the time

Simon C
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Ok, no problems.

The bat detector sounds interesting.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.