North West Audio Show

Subjects that don't have their own home
Andrew
Eternally single

#31 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Andrew »

Michael L wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:02 pm Great venue and lots of nice folk inc that Mr Gorham, Colin and another fella I'm trying to recall the name of - Andrew?
Could have been me, could have been Ali, I am told we're the spitting image of each other ;)
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.
Andrew
Eternally single

#32 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Andrew »

gninnam wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:10 pm I went on the Saturday and enjoyed it apart from a few rooms were playing too load for what the room could take and also I missed a good many rooms as they were full to the brim with bodies.
The little PMC speakers caught my attention - seemed to be very full bodied and enjoyable in such a tiny package!
Nicks room was very good although the speakers required a change of cable due to them being a bit bright when I heard them in the morning, sounded a lot more natural when I heard them agin in the afternoon!

A few pics of some of the other rooms - didn't note the kit etc but gives those who couldn't make it :
Nice photos :!:
Andrew
Eternally single

#33 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Andrew »

brig001 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:39 pm Had a good day, but loads of really underwhelming sounds. Unfair to judge on bass, but mid range should be doable in most rooms. A few stood out link Nick and Colin’s setup, Cyrus and a couple of others. The worst was this one

IMG_5317.jpeg

Schuko plug pins are bigger than the pins on a 13A plug and tend to stretch the sockets. Gave them a bollocking for it

Brian
David would have happily sold them something :mrgreen:
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#34 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by IslandPink »

Thanks to the team for putting together the Longdog room. Much pleasure had there, nice music and social scene.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#35 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Ali Tait »

M
Andrew wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pm
Michael L wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:02 pm Great venue and lots of nice folk inc that Mr Gorham, Colin and another fella I'm trying to recall the name of - Andrew?
Could have been me, could have been Ali, I am told we're the spitting image of each other ;)
Except I’m the handsome one. :-)
Nick
Site Admin

#36 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Nick »

IslandPink wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:29 pm Thanks to the team for putting together the Longdog room. Much pleasure had there, nice music and social scene.
Yep, it was good to se all you guy's.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#37 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by IslandPink »

Andrew wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:43 pm I don't think any one of us witnessed the true bitter *end* of that monster, I for one am glad I didn't.
He did give up half of his chips to Colin and I, that was much appreciated given the nouvelle cuisine smear of mash we got.
Was it a 'quiet night' on Saturday ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#38 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Ali Tait »

It was, overdone a little the night before…
Andrew
Eternally single

#39 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Andrew »

Ali Tait wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:13 pm M
Andrew wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pm
Except I’m the handsome one. :-)
:mrgreen:
steve s
Shed dweller

#40 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by steve s »

I'm just catching up after a busy few days, ( fathers day piss up and yesterday i refurbished our leather sofas in the sunshine )

I really enjoyed the show, it was great going around with Simon, having someone to share your thoughts with was a definite plus, and it felt like the longdog room was a base with your mates there, gave the show a great feel.. but probably an expensive day for nick though, with us lot scaring his customers away !

We didn't go around all the rooms just those we stumbled across that we thought interesting.
Excluding the long dog room the rooms we attended all lacked something somewhere when it came to reproduction, but nevertheless many rooms still put on a good show.

Back in the longdog room i liked Colins speakers, i thought them very imposing and produced wall of sound, the workmanship was superb and powered by nicks lovely amps, a great combo.
Good to catch up with you all too..
Roll on our next meet.. 21 October
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#41 Re: North West Audio Show

Post by Nick »

but probably an expensive day for nick though
No, no extra cost was incurred or profit lost, and was nice to have some familiar faces that you could just chill with.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.