terminator arm

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

#1 terminator arm

Post by richardcooper2k »

been having a hifi absence due to building/decorating work on my lounge and dining room but just before i started i bought one of these arms from vic. after reading what clive said about it i thought, well , even if it's only a subtle improvement, i should be able to sell the evo arm fairly easily and recoup half the money or so.

so when i got it on my deck i was shocked to find how different it sounded from the evo arm. not subtle at all. all that i liked about the evo arm was still there but with huge bass and a dynamic immeadiacy i thought i would never experience through a single ended amp. not that i had noticed the evo arm lacking either.

presumably it's something to do with the arm being so much shorter ?

has anyone else had similar/different experience ?
Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

I wonder how many Terminators are out there. I do know that Vic is doing just a few per month, he doesn't want have to cope with too many. The arm sounds just so "right" it's hard to imagine how its sound could be improved. I suppose 40mm slate instead of 30mm is what I need.....
Last edited by Clive on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

he said he had a lot of orders and i might have to wait but then the arm was ready for me in just a few days

havn't had a chance for lots of listening yet as only just got system set up again after decorating, but friends who heard it were gobsmacked

one has bought a lenco and wants to buy my old evo arm. he's selling his lp12 and origin live modded rb300