Nige Kennedy

Share the music that moves you.......
thomas
Old Hand

#1 Nige Kennedy

Post by thomas »

Just seen him on bbc4 doing a Vivaldi four seasons/ jazz/arabic stylee jaw dropping mash up which was a lot better than I'm making it sound! I've a soft spot for Nigel's playing, a total romantic....
Anyway, should be on iplayer.
World music program on now very good too....
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Flippin' Brill! Watching it on iPlaya now.

17.05-19.17 = Cuttin' hands done classical stylee!

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Nige Kennedy

Post by IslandPink »

thomas wrote:World music program on now very good too....
Yeh, very good - just watched/captured that one. Nice to see John Peel again, what a hero .
No sign of Shalawambe though .
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

I enjoyed the World Music prog too. Great to see the Buena Vista again. Then I turned over to three to watch Green Day at Reading - mighty good.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I like Nigel Kennedy.

Whenever I hear him talking on the radio he inspires me, enthuses me and stuff. SWMBO has played with him in the orkestrasituation and is less impressed, not of his skill and virtuosity indeed, but more of his manner.

His first recording of Four Seasons is brilliant fullstop. His 2000 or so version I think over the top - has he done another?!

His excursions into other types of music be it Jimi Hendrix or Klezmer always gets the heart beating a little faster; the juices, so to speak flowing.

I don't like all that he does but he gets my vote all the time (so far! ;-) )
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Just caught up with The Four Seasons on Youtube (it's gone from iPlayer). Absolutely brilliant!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Just caught up with The Four Seasons on Youtube (it's gone from iPlayer). Absolutely brilliant!
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

andrew Ivimey wrote:His first recording of Four Seasons is brilliant fullstop. His 2000 or so version I think over the top - has he done another?!
Completely agree. He has developed it further for this years Proms. I listened and hated it.I almost lost my comprehension of the original Vivaldi creation. As you say, his original recording is, also in my view, his best. Everything since is over worked and spoils what he cleverly originally did.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
Douglas Adams (HHGTTG)
Reffc
User

Post by Reffc »

I agree. I think that Nigel's first recording (relatively unadulterated) was his best. His later recordings threw too much embellishment to his virtuoso style which ruined the performances for me. It's a shame as he's one of the country's most talented violinists imho. His inter-weaving of themes at the last night of the proms however was both hugely enjoyable and impressive!