Turntable Project

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Some years ago we took the caravan to Goathland,and stayed at a caravan site up a track next to the "Adensfield Arms".

While trying to get a better view of them filming i got a "rollocking" from a member of the local constabulary cos i was getting in the way of the cameras !

That part of Yorkshire is really scenic and well worth a visit,more so if you are a railway enthusiast as well. (swaps anoraks for a second. :oops: )
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Paul Barker wrote:I could take you round all the sets from here in about a 2hr round trip on the back of a Royal Enfield Bullet if you provide it with a crash helmet as my last helpet hit a lamppost head on at 60 miles an hour.. so I thought it best to scrap it. Saved my life though, had just bought a new kevlar helmet that same week. Some would say by f8.
I'd have to rebuild my Bullet first, the timming gears are all out at the moment. Could we go by turbo-whippet instead and get it down to 1 and half hours :D

Always best to look after your helmet I find. I knocked myself out skating once not wearing a helmet, it was perfectly safe in the boot of my car oops.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote:Some years ago we took the caravan to Goathland,and stayed at a caravan site up a track next to the "Adensfield Arms".

While trying to get a better view of them filming i got a "rollocking" from a member of the local constabulary cos i was getting in the way of the cameras !

That part of Yorkshire is really scenic and well worth a visit,more so if you are a railway enthusiast as well. (swaps anoraks for a second. :oops: )
oooh, yeah. We did the Pickering to Goathland Steam run. The kids were really young and got bored quickly and couldn't understand why Mum and I were so excited 'just to be on a train'....bah! Kids! That's part of the reason we're going back up again all these years later on our own this time so we can nose about and take our time looking around Goathland and all the other film sets...errr... I mean locations.

Last time I broke 2 ribs on a rollercoaster ride up there, oops again.

A work mate was up there last month, he bought me back an Aidensfield fridge magnet so obviously it mush exist in real-life even though youand Paul tell me it's a film set really :)

DTB
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Sorry Andy831, I've hi-jacked yer thread, summink I'm very good at :oops:

DTB
Andy831
User

Post by Andy831 »

Dave the Bass Feel free, I enjoyed the ramble around Aidensfield LOL.

Well lads I bid on a really mint 401 today, Left my ebay account with 2 hours to go thinking I will get this at £455 it bloody sold for £700 I could not believe it.

I will take that as a word from above that I am actually destined for a 301.

Bugger me I am inundated with offers to go and listen to them too.

So in some sort of order:-

Toppsy... Thanks for trying for me, we are geographically so close that no doubt we will probably get to meet soon anyway, and I look forward to that.

Paul Barker... Scarborough is close enough, could you possibly give me a shout when you might have a working system and I would be delighted to call over.

Darren... as I am now pretty determined that a 301 and Slatedeck is the way I will be going subject to a satisfactory demo, I will no doubt be in contact with you and probably seeing you sooner rather than later.

Clive....I would really like to take you up on your offer for the afternoon of the The 18th Jan if thats possible. Could you possibly PM me with address details and a suitable arrival time.

Thanks again lads, I am quite overwhelmed with the response and offers of help.

Regards

Andy
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

OK Andy.
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

Is this the same Andy I offered a certain 401 to recently?

Either way you are most welcome, best if I have some music though !!!
Andy831
User

Post by Andy831 »

Darren Yep same Andy.
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

Ok, nice to link peeps.

As you can see, prices are going up and that is why I don't buy from Ebay much these days.

Just too many cons about, but he is an excellent seller. Ask him direct, I have his email add somewhere?
Darren
Old Hand

Post by Darren »

To add to the above, that's why he gets such good prices. people trust him.

And they should, nice chap to deal with.

Ah ha, I have just this moment bought another 401, just been confirmed.
Sold as excellent if that interests?
I'll have to receive it first and check it over.