Yorkshire Gang: Date for your Diary

Subjects that don't have their own home
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Hi everyone,

Looks like a good turnout for Sunday. There have been a couple of questions about parking etc, so the answers are:

I have space on the drive for 2-3 cars off the road and there is on-street parking outside the house. Its a dead end so there's very little traffic.
There is also overspill parking in the nursery car park on the right as you come up the street.

Finally, as its not all that obvious when you turn into in the road, you need to go up past the nursery and round the double bend to get into the part of the street that I live on.

Simon C
Mo
Old Hand

Post by Mo »

Hi Steve (Shadow),

Will you be bringing your mac/squeezebox setup?
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Guys

I'm sorry for the short notice but on this occasion I'm going to have to pull out of Sunday.

Please accept my apologies :(

Steve
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

OK Guys,

with Steve having to pull out can I have a recall on what amps will be available Sunday apart from my gm70 monoblocs.

I ask as the MLTL speakers are very efficient and not really suited for my monster gm70 amp as they really need a low power amp. I don't have any spare space to bring the only suitable amp I have.

If here is no suitable amp for these speakers I may as well leave them at home.

Cheers

Colin
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I am still building the 300b driven by a 6em7 I mentioned, should be finished tomorrow, and I think Simon was going to bring his WE91. We should have sutable amps.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Oh dear, looks like we're dropping like flies. Something's come up at home and I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow now :(. Particularly gutted for Nick who's building the 300B amp especially. Sorry Nick. Still like to compare it with mine if poss - must get round to yours again.

Anyway, sorry for the late cancellation, hope you all have a good time tomorrow, and thanks for your hospitality SimonC.

Simon.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yes it's a bit of a bind for me too but there's nothing I can do about it.

Steve
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

OK I'll shoehorn them into my car.

Colin
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Ahh, shame, but it does give us more people to bitch about in their absense :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »

I'll bring one of the F4 amps that Nick made for me but it will need an active preamp for some voltage gain. Will there be one there?
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Any chance you could get the 76 stage in Ian?
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

I've been trying to get my 6c33 lashed together for tomorrow. Touch and go at the moment...I've having to build the C3g stage supply out of what's lying around and its not going to be pretty.
If anyone has a low current choke (my smallest spare is 250mA) and a couple of snubber caps that they could bring for the day it may let Nick give a master class in clip-lead amp design. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Simon C
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

If I remember I will bring a couple of chokes and caps, and some clipleads.
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »

Nick wrote:Any chance you could get the 76 stage in Ian?
Yes, will do.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

That remionds me Ian, would you mind if I brought that Dac of yours tomorrow?

I have fitted the BNC and gave it a try, very very different to the Berisford, but I don't think in a bad way.