Digitally Re-Mastered vinyl

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Very primitive by modern standards I suppose, still using Cool Edit Pro II. Which is what 15 years old now? Does the job for me though.

Typical uses are recording, e.g. a vinyl record say. Also equalizing the volume for a set of tracks, something that is often required for a compilation. The noise reduction tool is clever, you get it to 'learn' the noise from a sample of what is supposed to be 'silence', then have it find it and remove it from the recording.

Edit: PS does waveform and spectral view, zoom in (until you can see the actual sample points, and even move them about!) and has a spectrum analyzer window. Loads of filters and things including 'silly effects'.

Re Aerial, I can very easily make a single disc compilation of the bits I like most. Haven't done it yet though. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I soooooooooooooooooooooo wanted you to start your reply with...

"Yeah, me, Donald, Walter and old man Nichols were in my home re-mastering studio out back past the greenhouse and things were getting heated...well, I turned round to Donald Fagen and said, look pal, that Rhodes part is too subdued, lets run that through a......."

But you didn't, meh! :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Sorry to disappoint. Image

Nothing as exciting I'm afraid

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

Greg wrote:
floppybootstomp wrote:Kate Bush's Aerial album is a fine fine thing.
No sorry, it's absoloute crap. Sloshy sloshy washing machine...........
Well I like it.

And you thinking it's absolute crap doesn't mean it is absolute crap. Beauty is in the lugholes of the receiver, as they say.

I reckon it's a female thing, the sheer joy she gains from motherhood and the simplicity of a washing machine getting her sons' togs clean.

I'd call it original, heartfelt and honest meself but there you go, maybe I'm just a wuss :)
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

floppybootstomp wrote: I'd call it original, heartfelt and honest meself but there you go, maybe I'm just a wuss :)
Ya big wuss :lol:

I always thought it was about her luv of terrestrial TV Antenna but there ya go.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"