Sale time.

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Sale time.

Post by Dave the bass »

Heads up!

Simply Vinyl are having another end of season clear-out for anyone cheapish good quality heavy LP's

I've had a few birthday pressies bought from here in the past, very good packing and prices at the moment.

Not a massive selection left but still worth checking out.

EDIT- Forgot link. http://www.simplyvinyl.com

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

<Chokes on coffee>

http://www.simplyvinyl.com/more.asp?cat ... e=3&id=431

EVERYONE in the whole world must buy this LP. It's global law.

The best ever Rap/rock/angryperson/funny-guitar-noises LP ever (and it's only £7).

Don't play it when the Grandchildren are around though, being exposed to this music at a tender age might turn them into Political rebels and 'system-smashers' (your Hi Fi and the State!).

<Lecture over> :lol:

It's bloomin' good. Did I mention that earlier?

DTB
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

Lol - classic album. I remember when I was young and foolish (as opposed to old.... :wink: ) putting that on in the car and driving round to a nosey neighbour that had been causing hassle and playing a certain track loud with my window down with the repeated line ". ....... I won't do what you tell me"

I'm not usually such a hooligan, but she had annoyed me. :lol:
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Samantha wrote:Lol - classic album. I remember when I was young and foolish (as opposed to old.... :wink: ) putting that on in the car and driving round to a nosey neighbour that had been causing hassle and playing a certain track loud with my window down with the repeated line ". ....... I won't do what you tell me"

I'm not usually such a hooligan, but she had annoyed me. :lol:
:lol: Deffo Hooligan material!

Along the same kind of lines, a place I used work at was in the process of being shut down and the manager had caused us a lot of heartache and there was a lot of ill feeling over the way our redundancies were being handled by him and their announcement (Christmas '93).

The managers name was Norman, the most played track in our TV workshop unsurprisingly was from the same LP featuring the lovely lyric "don't stand on a silent platform, fight the law f*&k the Norm" :lol:

DTB
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

Lol - another instance of a song being amusing for its timing was when I answered the door to a couple of young well spoken, well dressed american lads - who just happened to be wanting to recruit more deciples - I hadn't had time to turn the music down before opening the door and they were greeted with "Heavens on Fire" :oops: :D :lol:
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

I got the 180g Metallica album - first Simply Vinyl I have bought - really impressed.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Samantha wrote:I got the 180g Metallica album - first Simply Vinyl I have bought - really impressed.
Thats what I'm hoping my son is going to buy me for Christmas, I really fancy hearing 'Sad but True' on vinyl. I take it's the "black" LP we're talking about. I've had it on CD for years and loved the sounds and songs Metal-licker were producing at that moment in time.

DTB
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

Yep and likewise - a great album and it sounds awesome on vinyl. 8)