Martin

Nick
Site Admin

#1 Martin

Post by Nick »

More sad news. I was contacted yesterday by his wife Sam (who you will remember from Whittam) who told me he had passed away. If anyone want more details let me know and I will pass on Sams contact details.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

That is sad
He was such a nice guy.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

very sad news,
he was a very enthusiastic guy when it came to hifi, it was hard for it not to rub off
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Sad news indeed. I gave Martin a lift to Owston one Sunday (years ago) and got to know a bit of what made him tick (or not).

Can anyone remember his daughters name ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Sam had asked Nick for my number so Nick asked me so I got a call last night at 11pm. Had completely forgotten the conversation with Nick earlier so when a woman rang waking me up and first words were "Do you remember me?" I am on guard "remember who?" "It's Sam." Still having forgotten Nick's conversation plumber woken from sleem mode goes into gear, starts thinking of any recent jobs with a contact named Sam who may now have water pouring through ceiling. Couldn't think of any so said again. "Sorry I don;t remember you"

Finally she gave me more details.

Very sorry to hear the news.

But people need to learn when they ring a plumber at 11pm they have to start with "Don't worry this is not a plumbing call", then give a full explanation of who they are and why they felt it perfectly alright to ring at 11pm. In this case there was justification.

Theyre droping like flies my mate in Liverpool only made it to 52 recently.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Sad indeed. I was thinking only a few weeks ago that I hadn't seen any posts by him for quite a while. He wasn't old - it's a tenuous grip on life we all have.
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

Sad news indeed. I've only ever managed to get to one 'fest, which was Witham in September 2007. I was very impressed by Martin and Sam's enthusiasm and their commitment to making sure that everyone had a good time and that all went smoothly, which made it a hugely enjoyable weekend. I'd noticed that Martin seemed to have dropped off the radar as far as this place and the WD forum were concerned, so I guess we now know why.

Nick, please pass on my condolences to Sam. I doubt that she'll remember me, but I shall definitely remember them!
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yes its really crummy ... I'm sorry for Sam and their daughter's grief & loss. Sam came across as a lovely, helpful and friendly person who had much more than was obvious to do with organizing Witham 'do's - which was a lovely venue.

Martin is a lot closer to us than some of the luminaries we have acknowledged as dieing.

It reminds me of what is important.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
sam213
New User

#9 martin perkins

Post by sam213 »

Hi all and hello from clare too thankyou so much for your lovelky comments about martin,his funeralhappened on thursday it went well not too many attended but had a good send off as u all music loversw i know u will know the tunes we played was martin to a t to start we played walter trout life in the jungle, 2nd was cry if u want to danny bryant and to finish his all time best was deep purple smoke on the water. clare has read all your messages of kind words and was very touched by them keep in touch allof u as i know he would want u too his yarland has gone to his best mate to get fixed and he will keep and the same lad is also going to finish off them speakers that martin never got around to lol take care all
Tony Moore
Old Hand

Post by Tony Moore »

Hi Sam,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I'm not sure if you remember me, I was there at the first WithamFest, the one where we met up on the Friday in the Blue Cow and drank Witham Wobbler until we nearly fell over?

Very tragic, sad news about Martin, you both made us all feel so welcome and I will always have fond memories of that first WithamFest.

Best Wishes,
Tony
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Oh dear, that is sad.

I will remember Martin for his infectious enthusiasm, whilst not being too technically minded.
Made him a nice easy person to get along with.
Much to learn there is.
sam213
New User

#12 martin

Post by sam213 »

hi tony yes i do remember u now u said about the witham wobbler lol and your kind words about him i remember most of u as either when dropped him off at eggfest or at witham fest i know he was hasslking me to do another witham fest even though we was not together but never got around to it could u alldop me and clare one small favour and i know martin would want this if and when u next have a get together will u just maybe just have a mins silence for him as i know he loved u all and remembered u allfor ages thanks once again sam x