Ortofon rondos

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
david C
Old Hand

#1 Ortofon rondos

Post by david C »

has any one had any experience of the rondo cartridges, seems like they could be a good match for my Mayware arm,
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

David,

I use the Rondo Bronze in my Technoarm 'A' and Spacedeck.

I like it very much far nicer than the Reson Etile cartridge it replaced and the MC25 that was loaned me before the rondo arrived. No experience though of the cartridge in a unipivot.

Colin
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

thanks Colin,
it's one of the cartridge database recommended cartridges for the mayware,

I love to get a bronze but I suspect financially it will be a red one I'll end up with
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

I've used the Bronze in my Hadcock and it's a nice match but the KB is better and worth the stretch £ wise
tony b
User

#5 ortofons

Post by tony b »

neal i have been thinking of buying a bronze and dissmissed the kb due to posts either on here or on the other site re rliabilaty probs i think the cantalever was the fault one or two people have reported this ,any thoughts ? also would it be wise to buy from germany with this in mind.
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

I've only had the one KB purchased from phonophono about 3 years ago, it's been fine, no trouble at all.... touch wood! It's getting a bit old now and will need re-tipping or replacement sometime this year.

My RB on the other hand went south after I bent the cantilever during fitting to my Hadcock....I had it replaced but it's not the same as the KB, it's more polite and lacks some get up an go in comparison.

I have no hesitation in getting another KB but I see the price has crept up somewhat!
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#7 Re: ortofons

Post by simon »

tony b wrote:i think the cantalever was the fault one or two people have reported this
Yeah, mine seems to be getting worse. Don't know what to get if and when it finally collapses.

Without hijacking David's thread anyone have any good recommendations for replacing a Kontra B?
david C
Old Hand

#8 Re: ortofons

Post by david C »

simon wrote:
tony b wrote:i think the cantalever was the fault one or two people have reported this
Yeah, mine seems to be getting worse. Don't know what to get if and when it finally collapses.

Without hijacking David's thread anyone have any good recommendations for replacing a Kontra B?
I quite like the look of the Shelters,
David

Clive
Old Hand

Post by Clive »

My 4th KB is performing very well, I do suspect that my problems with the 1st 3 are out of the ordinary. Ortofon are hardly novices and they have a full range of Kontras so they must be selling quite high volumes.

If you want an alternative that's a little less expensive, how about a Lyra Dorian? I doubt it would suit a bright system but it should be interesting. I'm hoping to borrow one over the next couple of weeks to compare with my Kontra B and Pickering 7500.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Don't know the Shelters David, I'll have a look at them.

I've wondered about Lyras before Clive, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Dorian.