Moerch up4 rewire

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Bizzie
Old Hand

#1 Moerch up4 rewire

Post by Bizzie »

I've just bought a Moerch UP4 tone arm from ebay and there are two problems, there is a finger lift that the bolts go through that hold the cartridge to the arm this was included and seems to be made from carbon fibre but the holes were too close together and I bust it trying to fit it this has been overcome temporerily by using a SME fingerlift but this looks wrong a little on the large side.

Second problem is the wires for the cartridge are a bit short all apart from the blue one so they must have been repaired and cut shorter, they only just fit and are a little tight.

The problem is the arm tube is removable and is moulded onto a plastic boss so it can be bolted on, the wires appear to be glued in grooves in this boss and are somehow fastened to what looks like gold plated pins sunk into the plastic boss.

I could probably get the wires out of the tube and replace them but I'm not sure how to fasten them to the pins.

Has anyone rewired one of these?
Bizzie
Old Hand

Post by Bizzie »

I have tried to post details of how I managed to rewire the UP4 but apparently I'm not allowed to post the urls for the images until I have posted a least 5 times so if anyones interested the details are on the Vinyl asylum.