Downloadable software any practice in purchasting it?

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
BetWealia
New User

#1 Downloadable software any practice in purchasting it?

Post by BetWealia »

Sorry, maybe this question is off topic for this board, but I hope someone may clear it out for me. rnI have heard that OEM software are much cheaper than retail version and after digging over the web I have found software site that proposed many different discounted software. Can you suggest if this safe to purchase the affordable software online? Can you share your thoughts what need I look over when start purchase? rn rnThanks!
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

OEM simply stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer and in most cases will be the same disk as supplied with the full version but without any packaging or manuals.

The manual is almost always found on the disk in pdf format.

In some cases the OEM version may be a lite version (not supplied with all features) so check before purchase. This is the case, for instance, with Nero software.

The disks were originally intended to be supplied only to computer builders but now most suppliers will sell them to the general public.

A few places where they are available: Kustom PC's; Aria; E-Buyer; Scan and Chillblast.

If, however, you're talking about one of those countless iffy warez sites then my advice would be to avoid like the plague.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony