Let It Bleed

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

#1 Let It Bleed

Post by floppybootstomp »

The Rolling Stones album. I have been umming and ahhing about buying this album on vinyl for about a year now, ever since I spotted it on Amazon for a tenner.

Wondered if the re-mastering process to digital then burning back to vinyl would be beneficial or mess up the original.

Was about to buy when it went up to 15 quid, so I didn't.

It's back to a tenner now so I bought it.

This is just my opinion, I'm no expert, all I have to go on is if something sounds good to these somewhat ageing lugholes.

The sleeve is good, inner sleeve has all personel details for each track and the vinyl is medium weight heavy.

And it sounds good, very good. I'm not quite sure how to describe things but I can pick out each and every instrument and they have a lot of presence. It's clean, or as clean as a Rolling Stones record from that period can be.

For me, hugely enjoyable. Any fears it was going to sound clinical or lifeless have been dispelled. Well worth a tenner, in my humble opinion.

I only have three new albums on vinyl, this one, Stax Hits 1968-1974 and an album by a late sixties/early seventies band named Audience 'Friends' Friends' Friend.

And they all sound good to me.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Very good, just to prove digitizing doesn't necessarily have to ruin things. It is possible. :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

Post by mainscablesrus »

It sounds good anyway without the re-pressing does it not? I cleaned mine a while ago and its still sounding awesome.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Shian7
User

Post by Shian7 »

Cracking album... reissue or not!
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

'Let It Bleed' is an album I've owned in one form or another since more or less the day it was released.

My last (original) vinyl copy wore out and so I'd played it on CD/mp3/FLAC.

Then I saw the vinyl reisuue, remastered, for a tenner and thought I'd have me some.

I was just pointing out the reissue is really rather good :D

I got another new album recently (as opposed to used) Black Sabbath's 'Master Of Reality'. And it's on red vinyl. Woohoo.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

floppybootstomp wrote:I got another new album recently (as opposed to used) Black Sabbath's 'Master Of Reality'. And it's on red vinyl. Woohoo.
Great album :D
Got an original one here, C/W poster. Could do with a wash though ;)
Chris :happy3: