rega planar 2 cable dressing

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
ed
retired

#1 rega planar 2 cable dressing

Post by ed »

I've been given one of these to repair. Intermittent signal loss caused the owner to fiddle with the phono lead and cut a bit off and tape the plugs back on.

I looked and said 'no problem'..bloody fool that I am.....what I thought was a .
plug under the arm mount was an interface between the arm wire and the phono wire....what a cock!!!...cheap cheap cheap

I've never seen a rega setup before but it puts the linn stuff in a different light regarding build quality........

The question is to you chaps that are familiar....what do you use to redress a rega setup?...or is the anser just to bodge/solder another piece of phono i/c onto the arm wires and clamp it down.?
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

<pinches nose>

*bing bong* "Paging Graeme, paging Graeme.... please report to the Rega TT service desk. Customer awaiting advice, thankyooo!"

:-)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Bizzie
Old Hand

Post by Bizzie »

The original Rega wiring lets the arm down more than anything, it is prone to breaking which is why there are several solutions such as Origin Live, audio origami ETC.

It's usually best the get a full rewire as this will solve reliability problems and usually sounds better as well, there are kits out there to do it yourself if you can but they are fiddly and its best to sort out the arm grounding wire at the same time as the original is grounded through the left channel ground wire not good.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep my RB250 was rewire the audio origami way Cardos cart pin and arm wire reworked earthling and foam filled and sliver/ oxygen free copper wire plus monster phonos o and Mitchell techno counter weight doesn't help you fix the arm sorry I can full recommend John of audio origami maybe this will help you I think mike H did his see his website near the bottom of page it might help
http://livinginthepast-audioweb.co.uk/thorens160.php
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage