Phono Cartridge Loading

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

My new digital 50g/0.01g scales arrived this morning. They are a must for any vinyl aficionado really. They are so much more accurate and easy to use than the Shure balance. I can get steady, consistent readings between 2.50g and 2.54g repeatedly. That will do me!! I won't be using the Shures again now anyway. They seem positively archaic and so fiddly in comparison with the new digital set.

For anyone interested, they are the "Fuzion Xtreme XTR-50"

Cheers
Last edited by Lee S on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
©2020 Lee
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

which ones did you get Lee?
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

You wrote that before I edited my post to include the make and model David. :lol:
They are in the original post now.

Cheers
©2020 Lee
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Still playing with the loading, 330R or 400R seem's to be my fave sounds. Last night on headphones John Martyn's 'Glorious Fool' LP sounded big wide and 'all there', really enjoyed it which I haven't in the past TBH. Yum.

I seem to notice changes in the loading more on headphone more than speakers , odd.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

Good to read back through this, I never got on with the 103 in the Rega or on the SME, I suspect it will work on the Mayware as it was happiest on my Hadcock with added mass and a 280/330 loading....also I went back to secondary loading, front loading sounded promising at first but did not sound natural to me and to answer an earlier question, the R is a better cart. but not is value terms....