RideLondon

Subjects that don't have their own home
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#61 Re: RideLondon

Post by Ray P »

Good going Mark, shall I add you to the team list for RideLondon 2023 too?

Regarding the bananas, there were some ripe ones there Mark, just not very many - fortunately I prefer mine still a little green.

I spent most of the ride 'on my own' and really only got into a group in the last 10miles or so, when I latched onto a bunch that came up from behind and by tucking in I managed to match their speed quite commfortably. Generally I was hopping forward from group to group as I wanted to ride faster than most of them; I was passed by some chain gangs who were really eating up the road.

I've been out this afternoon too, remembering that West from Taunton is hillier than Essex;
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.76 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
I think I'm going to try and find some Sportive events down this way.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#62 Re: RideLondon

Post by jack »

Max speed 63.3 km/h. Scary.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ray P

#63 Re: RideLondon

Post by Ray P »

jack wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:15 pm Max speed 63.3 km/h. Scary.
Oh, I don't know, it's less than 40mph 🤔

It was on a short but steep descent on a sweeping, wide and nicely surfaced stretch of road and I just stayed off the brakes - I'm generally a bit more circumspect when descending.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#64 Re: RideLondon

Post by IslandPink »

I hit that sort of speed almost every time I'm coming back from a ride . There's a straight downhill on the road from Llandyrnog where it goes down to the valley floor. It's starts at about 1-in-8 and then slowly eases off. Perfect Ski-jump style ramp, (without the jump ) . I spin out in 48x12 , then get into a tuck, on the drops !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ray P

#65 Re: RideLondon

Post by Ray P »

Headed out for a longish ride yesterday but suffered a mechanical problem about 8miles out - I hit a bump quite hard and the the seat post clamp let go. Although nothing was actually broken I couldn't get the clamp tight enough to continue so I headed back, riding the whole 8 miles out of the saddle!

When I got back I dis-assembled it, cleaned and degreased everything and put it back together with some fresh carbon assembly paste and it seems OK but I'll give it a test later.

I finished my ride with a local loop on my other road bike.