FS: JVC TT-71 DD turntable in a solid plinth with a Rega RB300 arm

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
gninnam
Old Hand

#1 FS: JVC TT-71 DD turntable in a solid plinth with a Rega RB300 arm

Post by gninnam »

I have for sale a JVC TT-71 in good condition.

This was only bought a few weeks back but I have upgraded again so it is surplus to requirement :)

The previous owner (Ian of the Lenco Heaven forum fame) made the plinth using Delignit MU25 a beech ply similar to Panzerholz in construction but compressed by 20% instead of Panzerholz's 50%. This was 3 sheets while 2 sheets of birch ply which has the chrome pieces added (the pictures do flatter it but I think - and everyone who has seen it in the flesh - does look very smart and suits the motor unit.

Some pictures of the as TT as bought it a few weeks back, I mounted my wooden 12 inch arm and it worked pretty well but the pivot to spindle distance was not correct

]Image

I then routed out 20 mm from the top piece and made a tonearm armboard so I could get the correct pivot to spindle distance now and the turntable SQ was brilliant :)

Pictures as it is now - armboard created for an RB300 - again, the SQ is very good even with this arm

I will sell the whole TT (minus cartridge) as is (JVC TT-71, plinth and the Rega RB300) for £460 or minus the Rega for £370 (this is how much the TT owes me).
The RB300, I have owned for the last 27 years and was used on a Gyrodek I bought new but has not been in use for the last 15 years, but seems to work fairly well.

I would not like to post this due to the weight etc so prefer it to be picked up from where I live (near Leeds) - this way I can demo it and show it fully working :)

Cheers