Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Subjects that don't have their own home
Neal
Shed dweller

#286 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Neal »

One week since we had ours, both had a tender arm, mine felt numb for a day and we both felt washed out for a couple...other than that we are back to bickering and arguing over my beer intake! :D
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
ed
retired

#287 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by ed »

I had the Az job 4 weeks ago and felt slightly wierd the following day, but nothing more...I can only relate wierd to my own perception...e.g tab of black microdot maybe 9 out of 10 wierd....Az jab maybe 1 out of 10.....

I was trying to draw an analogy between how we all perceive hifi differently and how we seem to react to the jab. It deffo shows we are all different and I was trying to relate that to the folly of arguing about hif equipment, which is far less tangible
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#288 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Yep!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Nick
Site Admin

#289 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#290 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Tony Moore »

Wow
shane
Social outcast

#291 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by shane »

Well well. Slightly disconcerting to find that fundamentally we’re all digital.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
andrew Ivimey

#292 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

What's the connection with digital and digits ( fingers)? I wonder
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Nick
Site Admin

#293 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:14 pm What's the connection with digital and digits ( fingers)? I wonder
Well, you could read the link.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

#294 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Caught red handed. I stopped ...
andrew Ivimey

#295 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Not at work today, plenty of time to fettle up a new ( old and battered) bike and to sit down and give your article, Nick, the time it deserves. Grovel Grovel. A long time ago now in a difficult seminar it became quickly obvious I hadn't read an article I was quoting from - very embarrassing!
Ant
Shed dweller

#296 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ant »

Got my jabs booked today, because im a registered carer i suppose.
Got to go to sheffield arena which is abit of a pain as there is a vaccination centre just down the road which my wife went to for her first one, but it doesnt come up on the list of available centres. at least public transport links are relatively good. It will still be a couple of hours faffing about with trains and trams, but at least its not as far as some people have had to go
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#297 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by simon »

Might be worth waiting a little? Sue went on the website to book hers and the closest was the arena. She didn't book and just a few days later her doctors rang her and she went round the corner to the Keepmoat. No guarantee it would be the same for anyone else of course.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#298 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Tony Moore »

Same happened to me actually, got the letter, booked online for 2 weeks later at a large place 25 miles away in Chester. Then the day of my jab got a text from the GP offering me one at the local place. I stuck with the original plan as it was sooner and I have transport and wanted to see inside the Chester Racecourse anyway. It was a cool operation and something to see, very efficient. 8)
Ant
Shed dweller

#299 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ant »

Had the jab yesterday, didnt half have a reaction to it.
Was fine other than feeling like id got a bit of flu, until about 4am this morning when i woke up with a thumping headache, absolutely drenched.
Had to go and sit downstairs for an hour and have some ibuprofen and paracetamol.
Don't feel too bad now apart from being jelly headed again, a dull headache and abit achey, but that was awful....
Shall do it all again in june..
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
andrew Ivimey

#300 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Good on yer! There is more evidence now, I'm told, that a reaction to 1sr or 2nd whether you've had covid or not is completely unpredictable. Best of luck to you ( young man!), Onwards.