Technics Sp10 Woes

Love it or hate it, it just won't stop
Nick
Site Admin

#121 Re: Technics Sp10 Woes

Post by Nick »

And to answer Simons point, I too have thought of doing something similar to get a LED to flash at 50Hz. I do have one of these somewhere (actually I know where it is, its got a MEMS's device connected to it via i2c as I was playing at making a electronic turntable level).

https://www.mattairtech.com/index.php/mt-db-x4.html

But anything that you could attach a 16Mhz xtal and one or more LED's to would do the job. 50Hz from 16MHz is simple as anything, but not much more code to get it switchable to 50/60/300Hz using DDS. Its how I synthesize the sine wave for the turntable controller.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Wolfgang Felber
User

#122 Re: Technics Sp10 Woes

Post by Wolfgang Felber »

Hi Nick,
Thankyou for that, I did see something on another site, it is made up of 3 x LED,s 1 x 2n2222, and a couple of resistors. Unfortunately, I am not sure where to connect it to to get the correct flashing rate to give you a good steady square. I tried the neons and they just dont get bright enough. I will try you suggestion, I think I have the bits at home. Will show photos if if work good.
Regards
Nick
Site Admin

#123 Re: Technics Sp10 Woes

Post by Nick »

to give you a good steady square
I should have a play with it, I am not sure square wave is optimal. I think a shorter on time as long as it provides enough light is better as it should give cleaner edges to the strobe marks.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.