Moving forward

Nick
Site Admin

#1 Moving forward

Post by Nick »

So, following the chaos caused by certain recent members of the forum, I have been asked if I will clear up the "mess" left behind. I fully understand the reason why that's wanted, but after thinking about the situation all day, I do not feel happy doing that.

You know my reasons, I have whittered about my feelings that the slippery slope that leads from good intentioned actions to censorship before, and I wont repeat them just now. But just because I do not feel happy with that, to ignore the requests from others who's views have every bit as much validity as mine would be equally wrong of me.

So, what I am going to do is repeat what I do with the Lurcher Link forum, I am happy to keep the machine running, administer the site, and post as normal as any other user, but nothing more. It costs nothing to run, hosting costs are covered by the adverts, and the server setup seems stable.

However, it seems the site does need some form of moderation, so I am suggesting that whoever wants to get involved, should let me know, then I will change those (I would suggest it was more than one) users to moderator and they can do what the group wants to be done. I suggest that you all discuss between yourself either in private or public who you want (and who is willing) to do the job, then let me know.

Just so we are clear, this is not me "taking my bat home", I love this place and the folk who use it, but I don't feel my personal views allows me to do the job you want. Its also not a back handed request for validation, I don't want to hear "you are doing fine, leave it as it is".

You (as a group) need to decide on who is to become mod's and we can move on from there.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.