Records

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote:Hi Samantha-need to hide my list from DTBs mocking comments.
I....I....must resist...must fight urge..... :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

pre65 wrote:Hi Samantha-need to hide my list from DTBs mocking comments.

hope you have room for all our choices and looking forward to hearing your 845 amp.
Eclectic is impressive ...... I like someone confident enough to go against 'fashion' :wink:
My choices of the keepers are hardly 'hi-fi' traditional choices, and I don't mind if people scoff, I enjoy a fair few artists that others don't get. 8)
I should be okay with bringing plenty - I will be in the sensible car.

Amp ...... no idea what it will be like outside it's usual system, but will be interesting. I won't be fetching the turntable as it takes me too long getting it back perfect, and the speakers don't move .... but here is what I usually listen to (and love) ... 845s glowing happily and record spinning steady, on shelf put up just this weekend gone. :D
Attachments
_MG_6061-01.jpg
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Hi Samantha-i've never really been one for "fashion" :lol:

Looks like a very good system you have there,and everything looks so neat and tidy,not like what i got !! :oops:

I don't mind DTB's comments really,it's good to have a bit of friendly banter on the forum. 8)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote: I don't mind DTB's comments really,it's good to have a bit of friendly banter on the forum. 8)
Well...in that case then... John Denver ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

Pre65 - looks neat and tidy, but you wouldn't believe the complaints I got when I first bought those speakers - boyfriend thinks they look like the Easter Island heads and my Mum 'couldn't live with them sat in the middle if the room' ... "can't they be pushed back to the wall" :shock: :roll:

I've also had comments about the "2 lighthouses" and "looks like something a mad scientist would use".

Oh and of course "You can't see the TV from the chair" reply being "and your point being?" :roll:

As for the banter - funny how some artists can be seen as 'embarassing' by some and others less so, depending in part on generation.

I didn't even list stuff like Dollar thinking they would be laughed at, but one chap who saw my list found David Essex and Sheena Easton the worst on there .... starange as I remember a few pretty good tracks by both those artists, but nothing salvagable as music from Dollar.
Samantha
User

Post by Samantha »

Right, all those have been put aside into a plastic carry box ready to fetch along on Saturday. Still plenty of room if anything else has interest.
iansr
Old Hand

Post by iansr »

Samantha

can I bagsy Every Picture . . . by Rod Stewart (he was good then).
I'll also take a punt on the 2 Chris Hillman LPs and Black Rose by JD Souther.

Are those speakers Coincident, they certainly look like them?

cheers
Ian
"Its good enough for Government work."