Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Subjects that don't have their own home
steve s
Shed dweller

#16 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by steve s »

shane wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 pm
Nick wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:33 pm Its not, I don't think Kondo make a 833 amp. I could build a chip amp into an electric fire and give the same effect?
That made me laugh out loud.
Me too !
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by pre65 »

steve s wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 pm
shane wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 pm
Nick wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:33 pm Its not, I don't think Kondo make a 833 amp. I could build a chip amp into an electric fire and give the same effect?
That made me laugh out loud.
Me too !
Must admit I laughed as well. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
steve s
Shed dweller

#18 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by steve s »

How are we doing ?
There are a couple of lads who haven't posted bringing a complete system. So that makes around 6 complete systems.

Colin usually brings a complete system ? , I was also wondering how nicks new lowther speakers where coming on and if they will be making an appearance?
There appears to be quite a few amps etc (not complete systems) that I'm looking forwards to hearing too.
Any more ?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#19 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by pre65 »

I need to check whether I can get my baffles in the car. The top bits are bolted on, which helps, so I must do a dummy fit soon.

If they will fit in, I should have a complete CD based system including my MoFos.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

I’m off to our Ant’s in a few minutes, to see if his Fane 15in single driver speakers will go in the car. I’m confident they will, but we need to check whether anything else will go in with them, as space is limited in a Citroen C3.
My DAC will be the Topping E30 with add-on power supply rather than the MF.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
chris661
Shed dweller

#21 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by chris661 »

steve s wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:21 pm I was also wondering how nicks new lowther speakers where coming on and if they will be making an appearance?
There appears to be quite a few amps etc (not complete systems) that I'm looking forwards to hearing too.
Any more ?
The last time I saw Nick's baffles, they showed some promise. They did certain things rather well, which IIRC was the intention.

I'm happy to lend out my speakers (below) for those that are bringing amps.

I use EQ to take the bass down a bit at home, but they'll probably be somewhere near for the big room at Owston.

Chris
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#22 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by vinylnvalves »

Just finished the bass section for next weekend. Will have to see how it measures this evening. Only done one, so it will have to be mono upto 400hz.
275383A7-DB13-4EDD-99F0-25D5136F5D49.jpeg
275383A7-DB13-4EDD-99F0-25D5136F5D49.jpeg (170.01 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
I need a source for next weekend. If anyone has an digital input with i2s output that would be appreciated, otherwise will have to a CD player off someone.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#23 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

Cressy Snr wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm I’m off to our Ant’s in a few minutes, to see if his Fane 15in single driver speakers will go in the car. I’m confident they will, but we need to check whether anything else will go in with them, as space is limited in a Citroen C3.
My DAC will be the Topping E30 with add-on power supply rather than the MF.
Aye it all goes in, so the 15in Fanes will be in attendance this time.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ant
Shed dweller

#24 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Ant »

Yep theres space to spare, they are awkward bloody things to move, but not so bad as they look size wise.
So, we can fit a tt and phono stage in, mi dads digital setup, computer i think and i have a small dvi monitor so that should go in nicely rather than fetching his big monitor, the 45 amp, and possibly even my f5 and b1 in there

So maybe 2 systems sharing the big speakers
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Nick
Site Admin

#25 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Nick »

I was also wondering how nicks new lowther speakers where coming on and if they will be making an appearance
They are currently waiting for the acrylic. The wooden version are still at Colin's, so that and my lack of car space will mean you will have to wait a bit longer.

Not got much to bring TBH, will probably put a system of some sorts together with Dave. He has a couple of SS amps that may be of interest to folk that I have suggested he brings.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#26 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:33 pm ...you will have to wait a bit longer.
:cry: That's a shame, was hoping to get to hear them.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ray P

#27 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Ray P »

I'm planning on bringing my DSD decoder(s) and a computer with my music library and HQPlayer and it would be good if we could use it as a digital source for someone's system. I will be able to demo native DSD playback as well as FLAC files resampled to DSD256 (sadly, not with the same pieces of music). I have two decoders, solid state and valve based, and will bring both if I have room in the car to stow them securely.

I will also bring a couple of headphone amps,my 300B and also a solid state build so people will be able to sample DSD playback via some decent headphones.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#28 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by vinylnvalves »

Ray.. you can play your HQ player through my Nadja if you want, it has a 384khz I2S input.
Ray P

#29 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Ray P »

vinylnvalves wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:27 pm Ray.. you can play your HQ player through my Nadja if you want, it has a 384khz I2S input.
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. HQPlayer is the software on the computer and it's DSD output is streamed via an ethernet connection to a network appliance (Beaglebone Black based) that is built into the DSD decoders. Basically the decoders are just line-stages to feed an amplifier.
Last edited by Ray P on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom Sounds
User

#30 Re: Owston ‘21: What Are You Bringing?

Post by Freedom Sounds »

It's been 7 years since I last brought something to Owston, so really looking forward to it.

I'll bring my Linkwitz LXMinis and the bass units from the LX521s. Fanless PC source with a multi-channel DAC and multi-channel class D amp. If I can squeeze the top baffles from the LX521s in I'll bring those too, as the rest of the gear can drive either pair of speakers.

Gordon