More cheap PCB madness...

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#1 More cheap PCB madness...

Post by jack »

https://jlcpcb.com/ are offering 2" x 2" FOUR layer PCBs for USD 2 for FIVE PCBS...

Shipping to UK is about USD 5.50. Their customer service is apparently awful, but the board quality is generally good.

PCBway have pretty good customer service in my experience and for 2-layer boards I'd still use them, even at the (slightly) higher cost.

Shipping to UK is about USD 5.50

The world is insane...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ed
retired

#2 Re: More cheap PCB madness...

Post by ed »

I've been watching,
more of interest to me is that it's the same price for 4"x4" 2 layer boards...
I'm not sure what 'free assembly' means but it might include stuffing smd parts(only pay for the parts) which is a real winner in my book.

I have a couple of projects that I was going to send to pcbway but I may get more details from these people first...at these prices you don't have to worry about hm customs sticking their noses in.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: More cheap PCB madness...

Post by Nick »

I like pcbway, I use them all the time for boards, and have used them for assembly a couple of times.

Getting assembly done is fine, but there is more work involved, you need a BOM and smd location details. PCBway either try and source the parts for you if you provide info on the BOM, or I have sent them packs of parts in other cases. I assume most board makers are much the same.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#4 Re: More cheap PCB madness...

Post by jack »

I love PCBway, but they are expensive (comparatively speaking) for 4-layer.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#5 Re: More cheap PCB madness...

Post by Ray P »

jack wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 am Their customer service is apparently awful, but the board quality is generally good.
I've used JLC plenty and never had a problem, always good service and decent quality boards.

PCBway are very good too and I've used them a few times, most notably for the PCBs for my Valve DAC because it required a custom four layer stack as per the designer's spec - prices were pretty reasonable for that job.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!