Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Subjects that don't have their own home
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#376 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Cressy Snr »

Ray P wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:22 am …It seems they're really struggling for volunteers at the Taunton vaccination centre because of the abuse they get from the public, with some volunteers just walking away there and then. I'm sure it'll be similar across the country?
Isn’t this a lovely country.
I feel so privileged to live here.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#377 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

I've had my 3 jabs now and I never came across any moaning from others either whilst queuing up before, or waiting afterwards.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

#378 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am I've had my 3 jabs now and I never came across any moaning from others either whilst queuing up before, or waiting afterwards.
Agreed, and the staff have all seemed determined and as cheerful as possible given the circumstance. I think most of them around here are health care workers so are probably used to any negative they get.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#379 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

Its the volunters doing the organising of the car park, queue filtering etc who sem to get it, not the health professionals delivering the jabs. I gather a significant part of the problem is people who don't book a slot but just turn up expecting to get straight in and out - they get turned away because the VC is already operating at capacity - as I was leaving I saw a bloke blocking the entrance with his expensive 4x4 while he argued about how he and his missus were entitled to jabs... The people in the queues were pretty stoic.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Greg
Social outcast

#380 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Greg »

It’s information confusion. Many don’t appreciate that there is a difference between a pre booked VC and a walk in VC.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#381 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

Greg wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:28 am It’s information confusion. Many don’t appreciate that there is a difference between a pre booked VC and a walk in VC.
That's a possible issue but it doesn't excuse the behaviour. I didn't need my glasses to see the 'No Walk-ins' signage either.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Greg
Social outcast

#382 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Greg »

Ray P wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:47 pm
Greg wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:28 am It’s information confusion. Many don’t appreciate that there is a difference between a pre booked VC and a walk in VC.
That's a possible issue but it doesn't excuse the behaviour. I didn't need my glasses to see the 'No Walk-ins' signage either.
Agreed.
Michael L
Old Hand

#383 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Michael L »

Is it time to introduce covid passes for cafés, restaurants, pubs, cinemas etc?
I saw the protests in the media when the French said they would be necessary. When I visited France in September, we were asked to show our passe sanitaire. It wasn't a hardship. It greatly accelerated vaccine take up - particularly in younger people. I believe the same has happened in several other European countries.
It seems the so called libertarians in the HoC are prepared to fight this with everything they have. At the same time, legislation restricting the right to protest sails through unimpeded.
Likewise the government's ability to strip people of their citizenship doesn't stir these mainly tory mps.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#384 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

I'm trying to understand what's new in this latest press conference.
I think perhaps the bit about volunteering for the NHS, otherwise it was just the numbers ( which I'm familiar with from elsewhere), bigging-up the vaccine programme & NHS, but otherwise an awful lot of woffle.

Edit - yes just reminded me that we're implementing 'Plan B'. I've now forgotten what that is, nobody spelt it out, so I will have to go and check.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#385 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

It's political. Boris is trying to re-establish himself as a 'leader'.

Don't worry, just be sensible.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#386 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Cressy Snr »

He asked people to do their duty at the beginning of the press conference. The man doesn’t know the meaning of the word.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Michael L
Old Hand

#387 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Michael L »

Cressy Snr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:50 pm He asked people to do their duty at the beginning of the press conference. The man doesn’t know the meaning of the word.
Perhaps he was really addressing the previously reliable tory voters in North Shropshire.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#388 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

I just went to the St. Asaph Covid booster centre.
We were waiting for about 30mins extra, because they were behind schedule.
They were behind because some 'people' had been around the previous night and put bricks through the windows, so they had to clear up before they could get started.
These 'people' must have been very worked-up about the threat of vaccines, because the building they attacked is directly across the road from a major police centre for North Wales.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#389 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I’m sick to death of all the libertarians moaning about state interference for vaccine passports.

The other side of liberty is obligation. You are obliged to fulfill certain criteria before you can participate in societies freedoms eg, driving

Ultimately it will be taken over from govt with the threat to sue.

If you catch COVID attending an event we’re the organiser let any body in , it appears to me , you could sue them.

Occupiers liability act 1957 (amen 1984) places an obligation on a occupier to make sure no visitor is placed at a Foreseeable risk of injury.

I would argue the above example is a prima facia case
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#390 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by IslandPink »

I'm definitely on the same page with you.
Correction on the above, it turns out it was one 58-year old bloke from further up the coast. He's been arrested.