Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#361 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:30 pm Brief synopsis please?

Australia's just locked down again 'parently.
It was actually You and Yours. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0011ldy

It was about why people haven't had the vaccines...

Eventually had to turn over to Radio 3...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#362 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I can understand that. Oh my.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#363 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by vinylnvalves »

Went to see my consultant today - chatting about the Covid situation afterwards, he’s a broken man, he has lost faith in human kind. Over the weekend a family of 5 were admitted with Covid, none of them vaccinated, one had had it before, so they thought they were immune and didn’t need to bother. Only 2 of them will hopefully be leaving the hospital, the other 3 added to the statistics already.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#364 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Unvaccinated equals stupid. It may be a good way to increase the intelligence of the populace.

All the unvaccinated people die,
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#365 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:07 am Unvaccinated equals stupid.
Perhaps.

Had you considered there may be valid reasons why some people decide not to be vaccinated ?

"If you’re unable to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical reasons
Some individuals are unable to be vaccinated and also, in some cases, tested for medical reasons. You can apply for proof that you have a medical reason why you should not be vaccinated or why you should not be vaccinated and tested.

If you get this proof of medical exemption you’ll be able to use the NHS COVID Pass wherever you need to prove your COVID-19 status within England."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-me ... vaccinated

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#366 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Daniel Quinn »

There are very few reasons for not being vaccinated.

People who aren’t stalkers would assume I didn’t mean people who had a genuine reason.

Should you dispute the stalker tag , I will publish percentage figures to prove it
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#367 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:56 am There are very few reasons for not being vaccinated.

People who aren’t stalkers would assume I didn’t mean people who had a genuine reason.

Should you dispute the stalker tag , I will publish percentage figures to prove it
I suppose you have the hump because SavvyPaul moderated your HFS posts and gave you a final warning. :wink:

To be honest, I don't really care what you do. If you spout rubbish I will challenge it, so that is the obvious reason for your "stalker" claims.

I prefer to go on what people actually say, not to guess whether they may, or may not, have made assumptions. It works for me.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#368 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Daniel Quinn »

😂
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#369 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by vinylnvalves »

You also need to consider that the vaccine does work for around 5% of the population, this is why they are developing the alternatives, for this minority, and until you have the antibody test you won’t know. However I agree to some of the sentiment being discussed, this week an overweight person in supermarket, huffing and puffing their way around .. telling everyone I am exempt from wearing a mask as I have asthma. I have asthma and only 2/3rd of lung capacity- wearing a full fp2 grade mask is the only way I can justify the risk going in there... yes it feels awful walking around with a mask on, however I would imagine it’s far worse to get Covid.
Nick
Site Admin

#370 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Nick »

I agree with you, but think you were missing a 'nt after does. but
yes it feels awful walking around with a mask on,
Does it really? Is it that bad. I can think of a lot worst things.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#371 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by vinylnvalves »

For an asthmatic it feels uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as wearing a woodworking or spray mask, which I do regularly. When you think that health care people are wearing masks for 12 hrs - you cannot complain. They are wearing fp3 masks to which are even harder to breath in. Again we shouldn’t judge as a lot of disabilities aren’t visible, but out of respect for others we should do our bit where and when we can.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#372 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:02 pm Does it really? Is it that bad.
Like so many things, it depends.

I've mentioned before that I experienced a near-drowning in my childhood and have struggled with having my face covered ever since. I do wear a mask because I know that it is the 'right thing to do' but find it exhausting to manage the panic feelings it triggers so a shop in the supermarket is about the longest I can manage. Removing it afterwards is such a refief.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
steve s
Shed dweller

#373 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by steve s »

Had my 3rd job yesterday morning, was fine all day, as I was with the 1st two
Then I went to bed and started feeling freezing and I then had many of the covid symptoms all night
It was a tough night but feel much better this morning.
Lesley was fine.
I agree with covid passports by the way, and the wearing of masks

In France this summer their covid pass system seemed to me to be much better than our lack of one..
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ray P

#374 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

I had my booster yesterday and I'm starting to experience flu-like symptoms - looks like a duvet day for me.
Ray P

#375 Re: Sars-Cov-2 stuff

Post by Ray P »

Ihad to wait a liitle while after my booster appointmrnt slot yesterday and briefly spoke to one of the staff there. It seems they're really struggling for volunteers at the Taunton vaccination centre because of the abuse they get from the public, with some volunteers just walking away there and then. I'm sure it'll be similar across the country?