Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13036 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

It has to be rare in some way, otherwise it would only be a £10 to £15 item.
One prime example of this is the Sex Pistols 'God save the queen'. The main one that sold (the second issue) was on Virgin and is only £5 ( I haven't checked, but cheap ), whereas the one that was withdrawn just before release, on A&M label, of which there are less than ten, fetches maybe £10,000 , last time I looked.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13037 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Just checked the shelves, and Discogs, for the Bowie Mobile Fidelity copies of 'Ziggy' and 'Let's Dance'.
Good, good.
Gives me a warm feeling.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13038 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

I've put my system back together today, and started rooting through four boxes of Cds, several hundred in total. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13039 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

A friend of Jeans asked me to take an unwanted fridge to the tip in my van, but it was in good condition so I asked her if I could put it on Freecycle.

As it was in the van I offered local delivery, and I delivered it the other day to a chap who wanted to keep his home made beer in it.

As a thankyou, he gave me 4 different bottles of his home made beer, and at the moment I'm supping a kit beer - Woodfords Wherry, a 4.6% brew.

I'm not normally a beer person, but it's OK.

Anyone remember Witham Wobbler ? :lol: :lol:

Edmund Burke

jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#13040 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

pre65 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:04 pm A friend of Jeans asked me to take an unwanted fridge to the tip in my van, but it was in good condition so I asked her if I could put it on Freecycle.
Our old Zanussi freezer died, but its door lives on as the door into our sauna! (had to fettle the hinges a bit and make a metal plate to mount them on).

The drawers are in use as cloches, and the shelves, being of toughened glass are now also cloches with the additions of these neat clips from Amazon:

Upcycling for ever!!
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#13041 Question....

Post by jack »

I have a GIF that I want made into a sticker for a car window...

Sad, I know, but all the commercial operations seem to only want make rolls of a few 100 at a time, not one or two...

Anyone tried this?
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ant
Shed dweller

#13042 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Finished working for the day so i thought id have a look at the charity shop akai
Took the fascia off to get at the pots and switches, and was quite happy to find all the rubber bits in remarkably good condition.
All the grease was not in a hardened state, in fact it was pretty much ok everywhere so ive left it alone.
I then went to town with the servisol on all the pots and switches i could get at.

It now works pretty much perfectly, its bang on speed, and is a little bit quieter than the sony tc377 was.

Im listening to one of the tapes it came with, a load of soul
Tracks of my tears, some marvin gaye, its playing dock of the bay now. We like that kind of stuff, ive known and being singing along to every song so far. Tape is shedding oxide all over the place. Sounds like the seventies

Really chuffed with that result.

The lady in the charity shop said it was her grandads, ill pop in and tell her its running again
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13043 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Glad that punt paid off so well, nice work !
shane
Social outcast

#13044 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

pre65 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:04 pm A friend of Jeans asked me to take an unwanted fridge to the tip in my van, but it was in good condition so I asked her if I could put it on Freecycle.

As it was in the van I offered local delivery, and I delivered it the other day to a chap who wanted to keep his home made beer in it.

As a thankyou, he gave me 4 different bottles of his home made beer, and at the moment I'm supping a kit beer - Woodfords Wherry, a 4.6% brew.

Anyone who experienced Witham Wobbler is unlikely to have a clear memory of the occasion.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#13045 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

I have far too clear a memory of that evening...
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13046 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

shane wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Anyone who experienced Witham Wobbler is unlikely to have a clear memory of the occasion.
Aha, I'd almost forgotten that you were there that weekend Shane.

Happy memories. :D

Edmund Burke

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13047 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:01 pm I have far too clear a memory of that evening...
:lol:

Edmund Burke

shane
Social outcast

#13048 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Being at a loose end, I just went on the WD forum and found the thread for that event, and realised to my horror that it was fourteen years ago. I wonder if anyone’s still using any of the gear that was there? A good weekend, that was.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ant
Shed dweller

#13049 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Steve liddle, aerodynamicist for aston martin f1 team is in son no 1s school giving a talk this wednesday, as part of the f1 in schools program they are running with the stem schools. pretty cool thing for him to be having, ill have to get him to ask if last years car really was a copy and paste merc :mrgreen:
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#13050 World Hydrography Day 2021

Post by Ray P »

On June 21st my place of work celebrated 100years of international hydrographic collaboration and published a short video.

That's me in the red fleece at about 2:15
Sorry, I couldn't resist!