Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
ed
retired

#13831 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am Wash your bras by hand!

Today I going to attempt to cut a motor shaped hole in six pieces of wood with a router with one hand .

Here’s hoping the match up .
wow, DQ... my first thought was 'that's not possible'
but then I thought anything is possible, but how?
I would advise extreme caution if it is possible, and you can.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13832 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Today I going to attempt to cut a motor shaped hole in six pieces of wood with a router with one hand .

Just be careful.

Working with no hands might be even more difficult.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#13833 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Paul Barker »

ed wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:13 am

wow, DQ... my first thought was 'that's not possible'
but then I thought anything is possible, but how?
I would advise extreme caution if it is possible, and you can.
Yes people living with disability are amaising. I’ll never forget Tom Yendle, thalidomide, fingers coming out of his shoulders. Mum, teacher in boarding school for physically disabled, had always coached me, never do anything unless they ask you. Assume they can do anything. Im 16 and she’s “Paul go and make tea for everyone” On return with tray of hot mugs of T for the gathering. I reached Tom sat cross legged on the floor. I was stumped and convinced Mum was wrong, but pit his cup of hot tea on a coaster on the floor infront of him, about my age too, and as an asside Mum was offered Thalidomide during pregnancy for me, but Dad a Junior House Dr at the time said: no dont take it, it hasnt been properly tested for use with pregnant women. Swerved a 50 Cal bullet there!

Anyway Toms hot full cup of tea remained where I placed it for about 20 minutes, everyone had drunk their tea and Im in mental anguish! Suddenly picked his cup up with his toes and expertly downed it in a one’er.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#13834 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Daniel Quinn »

It’s a mini router which aids 1 handed movement .Only managed 1 piece with the router and there was a question mark over the template accuracy. Unfortunately the only ptp 4 template I have is the actual ptp4 and that is in use😂

It will have to wait. Moved on to cutting 4 pieces of wood for the plinth at 45 degree angles. American walnut £25 plus 8 delivery a meter. Cut 3 which fit together lovely and then read my drawing incorrectly and cut the 4 piece 10cm to short . Bollocks that’s another thing that will have to wait till fresh supplies arrive
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#13835 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Paul Barker »

We’ve all been there, very human.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#13836 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

Walnut's lovely. Very brave to route it if not experienced. Its only money.

Where did you get it from?
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13837 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Paul Barker wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am Anyway Toms hot full cup of tea remained where I placed it for about 20 minutes, everyone had drunk their tea and Im in mental anguish! Suddenly picked his cup up with his toes and expertly downed it in a one’er.
Yep I never forgot a TV programme I saw years ago about the Thalidomide babies, now grown up of course, there was this one guy being interviewed, no arms doing everything with his feet. Quite amazing to watch. :D

In such cases prosthetics are no use to them, for example false arms would be completely useless to this chap as he's never had arms to miss them and indeed would be a nuisance and a hinderance.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#13838 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Daniel Quinn »

It’s a mini router I got from eBay . It’s only cutting a hole for the Lenco motor . 5 pieces of marine ply with template cut out and glued together.

This then fits in to the plinth made of walnut . There is a 10mm gap between the ptp 4 and the edge of the plinth . This is for an 8mm acrylic arm board to be isolated from the marine ply body /motor and the plinth in a manner I’ve not decided on yet .

In the mk1 version it’s isolated from the body/motor by wooden/rubber attachments to the plinth that the arm board rests on
Ant
Shed dweller

#13839 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Allen and orr do nice walnut simon, near the church at the big roundabout in town
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#13840 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

Cheers ant, I know it. They're just a bit miserable there, but I should probably have a mooch sometime.
Ant
Shed dweller

#13841 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Ues they are a rather humourless bunch there
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Thermionic Idler
Old Hand

#13842 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Thermionic Idler »

My wife's best friend just posted this - I know I want one, anyone else?

Deck: Garrard 301 - Audio Origami PU7 - NW Analogue DH3S
Phono: Pete Millett LR, Lundahl SUT, AMB σ22 PSU
Linestage: Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre + Hans Polak relay mod, LCDuino control
Power amps: 300B PP 'Symmetric Reichert'
Speakers: FF225WK Big Mets
Irene Idler
User

#13843 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Irene Idler »

I have known Mr. Rehwinkel since I was 14. I am now 55. The years we spent as (platonic) roommates were some of the best of my life. And this sort of hilarity was pretty much everyday for us.

The stories I could tell, only I think Mr. Idler might prefer I didn't. The stolen 10-foot balloon! The Van de Graaf generator! The scabby cat! The... well. Let's just leave it there.
"Hey, you know the rules, baby. If you wanna PLAY funky, you gotta SMELL funky." -- Mike Troutman
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#13844 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Irene Idler wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:00 am I have known Mr. Rehwinkel since I was 14. I am now 55. The years we spent as (platonic) roommates were some of the best of my life. And this sort of hilarity was pretty much everyday for us.

The stories I could tell, only I think Mr. Idler might prefer I didn't. The stolen 10-foot balloon! The Van de Graaf generator! The scabby cat! The... well. Let's just leave it there.
Small world...

Bizarrely, I've been in contact with John for a loooong time (20+ years?) as I run the Google neonixie-l group of which he's been a member for many many years (at least 22).

We both share a passion for things neon...
Last edited by jack on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
shane
Social outcast

#13845 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Thermionic Idler wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:33 pm My wife's best friend just posted this - I know I want one, anyone else?

Can’t see a thing…
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.