New Transcendent pre-amp

If they glow, this is the place to be
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1 New Transcendent pre-amp

Post by Ray P »

Bruce Rozenblit has just released a new preamp kit, the Slider.

I thought I would mention it because it has a novel variable gain feature. That's variable gain, not variable attenuation (it has a conventional volume control too), -3dB to +20dB.

https://www.transcendentsound.com/slider.html

It occurred to me that variable gain might be quite neat in a MoFo front end context.

Oh, it has a built in phono stage too.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
steve s
Shed dweller

#2 Re: New Transcendent pre-amp

Post by steve s »

The artical is distorted on my phone so could not read it all but I've built a variable gain stage with the pot on the cathode, it worked well as i remember.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: New Transcendent pre-amp

Post by Nick »

Abut half of the distortion spike at 1 kHz is residual from the signal generator. This measures about 0.2%.
Well he should get a better generator then.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Jwro
User

#4 Re: New Transcendent pre-amp

Post by Jwro »

Hi, checking in on this thread to see if anyone has built Rozenblit' Transcendent Sound, the Slider preamp?
Thinking of getting a Transcendent preamp kit and looking at the Slider vs the Masterpiece. Totally different designs, variable gain with no feedback on the Slider seems like a nice feature but I'm wondering about one vs the other in terms of sound? I've read some favorable opinions on the Masterpiece but can't find much on the Slider?