6AK5 and 6AK6 anyone aware of circuits for us with?

If they glow, this is the place to be
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 6AK5 and 6AK6 anyone aware of circuits for us with?

Post by Paul Barker »

This will open up to you how my minds struggling with present pressures.

Last night I got it into my head I needed 6ak5 for a project (no idea whta project now? But on my desk are a bunch of 6ak6’s Id obviously ordered at some point but most likely a long time ago.

I’ve checked all the matrix cirucits but unless I missed it non required for matrix. That’s the only build I’m working on, I was looking at Barbaric circuit to adapt it to matrix but Barbaric doesnt use 6ak5 or 6ak6.

obviously Ive lost my touch. Perhaps in the night I dreampt 6ak5, but what bothers me is it looks right for front end pentode as used in matrix. But where the flip did it land in my thoughts from?

So if there are any circuits anyone aware of using it I might retrace my thoughts.

Hang on I looked at one of the mofo circuits, maybe it was a mofo I got it into my head about?

Anyway I’ll leave it as I’m netx building matrix and matrix doesn’t use it.

Just in case I’m missing the obvious, Ive asked! Im getting a lot of things wrong atm with mistakes like this.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: 6AK5 and 6AK6 anyone aware of circuits for us with?

Post by IslandPink »

It's a mystery to me too, Paul. I had to look it up. Looks like a nice VA or for somewhere in a phono.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#3 Re: 6AK5 and 6AK6 anyone aware of circuits for us with?

Post by Paul Barker »

yes it does look handy, probably ablast from the past hit me in a dream. i was engulfed in studying matrixes and simultaneously studying how much of Barbaric is compatible and what I’d have to change. So my mind was buzzing with it as I tyrned in at half past stupid in the morning!
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein