Alpair12P MLTL speakers

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

SimonC wrote: I've now got access to a cnc router locally so this should make life much simpler...
I'm soooooooooooooooooo not-talking-to-you-anymore............. :)

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Dave the bass wrote: I'm soooooooooooooooooo not-talking-to-you-anymore............. :)

DTB
At last, a way of shutting you up! It would be worth the money to buy one of my own just for the peace and quiet....

There is an ever growing network of FabLabs, and a key part of every FabLab is giving free community access to the equipment and supporting anybody that wants to make something. Its part of a drive to re-introduce design and manufacturing skills into the UK and foster creativity. Every FabLab has a base range of equipment, that just happens to include an 8x4 cnc shopbot router...along with some nice shiny electronics gear (digi-scope, function generator, basic smt station) plus a whole load of other good stuff (laser cutter, cnc engraving, cnc embroiderer etc).

My local one is just down the road in Keighley, and there are ones in Manchester & Ellesmere Port for us 'northerners'.

http://www.fablabsuk.co.uk/

http://www.fablabmanchester.org/

http://www.fablabairedale.org/

Can't see one in Kent yet though Mr B, maybe you should set one up? :-)

If you have one near you they are a great way of getting free access to the sort of manufacturing kit that is out of reach otherwise.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

SimonC wrote:
At last, a way of shutting you up! It would be worth the money to buy one of my own just for the peace and quiet....
Shurrups you n'all! :lol:

I could do with access to SMT solder station access, I've got a 28 pin PCM2902 to solder onto a shiny new PCB soon. If I had access to one probably change the locks so no-one else could get in and hog it all meself.

DTB
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Dave the bass wrote:
I could do with access to SMT solder station access, I've got a 28 pin PCM2902 to solder onto a shiny new PCB soon.
DTB
Tell us more please. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote:
Tell us more please. :)
OK, The PCM2900/2902 is Texas Instruments' single-chip USB stereo audio codec with USB-compliant full-speed protocol controller and S/PDIF (only PCM2902). The USB protocol controller works with no software code, but the USB descriptors can be modified in some areas (e.g., vendor ID/product ID). The PCM2900/2902 employs SpActâ„¢ architecture, TI's unique system that recovers the audio clock from USB packet data. On-chip analog PLLs with SpAct architecture enable playback and record with low clock jitter and with independent playback and record sampling rates.

Also, its bluddy small.

HTH.

:-)

DTB

PS. It's for a USB Interface I'm building.
10speededdy
New User

#66 Re: Alpair12P MLTL speakers

Post by 10speededdy »

Hallo Tobsy/Colin,

congrats!!!!!!!!! – nice, what a fine work! As a owner of a Opera Audio Cyber 10 KT 88 tubes = 9 WPC ultralinear and 6 WPC Triode and two push pull amps, one American vintage from 1961, the other a Japanese upper class amp, both between 22 and 36 WPC - I going to build me a MLTL cabinet for the Mark Audio 12.2P - so my question is: What is the difference in the alignment between Scotts “small” Pensil P 12.2 and the MA 12 P MLTL which Scott designed for you, when we compare the construction and the sound performance of this two cabinets over the frequency range from LF to HF?

Does the cabinet that you have built, need no bracing for more rigidity or fiber stuffing for tuning, it until it fits to the amp like the Pensil cabinet does?
The principle that “your “cabinet is damped with no damping on one internal side and the doubled top & front baffle and back side for more rigidity looks like bit of construction principle the “Juliet DCR” cabinet Scott has designed for the Mark Audio 12 P in July 21.

Very, very interesting - with the statement of Martin J. King from the 21.9.2012 in the back of the head that: “A bass reflex enclosure and a transmission line enclosure have more acoustic properties in common than different!”

Looking forward to your/any enlightening reply.

Kind regards

Ruud