five position switch

Anything to do with the things that make the music we listen to.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 five position switch

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I've been salivating over (the concept of) a new guitar.

My Japanese Start (with the sort of floyd rose whammy bar thing totally yuk; I've always hated it even if it does the job admirably well) is long in the tooth and not without its problems.

anyway ... the pickup switch has been dodgy for years and I finally got round to buying a new one from ebay, fitted it and have been stunned about how incredibly different (and much better) the Strat sounds. One can talk about more, unreliable resistance with a switch that doesn't work properly but the whole tone and the output is much boosted. Is this how it is supposed to sound?

So now I'm thinking I have to take this strat from the land of the rising sun down to the local shop and compare it directly with that beautiful American standard Strat they are offering for only £999.99p. How much better does it have to be before I buy the beautiful eye candy and retire the ancient but unexpectaedly revitalised Jap jobbie !?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I really ought to replace all the crackly pots and 5 way switch on my Strat (Jap Ibanez) but I'm too busy writing potential number one hits on it. In between number 1's I might find time given my success rate so far...

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Keep the pots at '11' ... never did me any harm.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

I've seen what pots @ 11 have done to you.... I'm keeping mine at 7 or under to be safe n sure!

DTB
Last edited by Dave the bass on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

Is it one of these?

I gots one, haven't played it for years 'cos I went off wide thin necks :)
Chris :happy3:
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

imagine this strat is red, not black and bin-go ...
Attachments
$_12.JPG
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

If its actually a Japanese Fender Strat, instead of a stratalike, then they are quiet sought after

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/list/ ... ratocaster
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Well this then will be highly sought after because it is a real japanese strat and it is owned by me! How odd!