Decals/Control panel graphics

Anything to do with the things that make the music we listen to.
PeteC
Old Hand

#1 Decals/Control panel graphics

Post by PeteC »

Hi All,
I need some advice on getting control panel graphics done on something.

I built a clone/replica of an amp I used to own ( two of them which I stupidly sold )

anyway I now have a built from scratch replica with nice hand-wired board and circuitry.

But I need to find a way to do the decals or graphics on the front panel like the original amp :

Amp is great - just want to apply the finishing touch.

Any good ideas or anyone who can do it for me ( for cash obviously ! )

Cheers
Pete
Life is two shirts
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

Chris :happy3:
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I asked David (MCRU) who gets the front panels for our power supplies printed. If you can get the lettering as a pdf and get the panel and file to him he will see what can be done.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Another possible option is a Schaeffer panel, the legends etc. would be engraved and infilled with 'ink'.

For complex groups there's a thing called Front Designer which can create macros to import into Schaeffer's Front Panel Designer, have downloaded it but not tried it yet.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
PeteC
Old Hand

Post by PeteC »

Thanks both.

Nick, that sounds like a very good option.

At present the controls are mounted straight onto the ali chassis. On the original amps there was a very thin brushed aluminium panel which had the silk screening on - just held in place by the mounted controls. Same solution as many Marshall valve heads etc.

So what I will do is take the amp apart and unmount the controls. Get hold of some thin sheet aluminium and mark the centres etc using my chassis as the template ( as the centres wont be accurate exact regular spacing)

I will try to make an accurate pdf file to go with it.

Once I've done that can I drop you a line to arrange getting the faceplate to you or David ?

for anyone interested in these things here a copy of the circuit - notable for its post-PI master volume circuit , and the lack of a cathode follower tone stack ( like most Marshalls )

Cheers very much
Pete
Life is two shirts
PeteC
Old Hand

Post by PeteC »

oops link didnt seem to paste as I intended.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/ ... 20Head.jpg
[/url]
Life is two shirts