Ebay seller egekecu - capacitor store

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Max N
Old Hand

#1 Ebay seller egekecu - capacitor store

Post by Max N »

I ordered some Nichicon LF from this seller. I received them quickly and they were well packaged.
I have tested these on an ESR meter and they measure to spec - there is no doubt that these are genuine Nichicon LF.
They do have short leads, but the seller states this in the description and shows it in the photo. He has other LF for sale that have long leads.
I just thought I would set the record straight. I've edited my post in the other thread but I figured it was unlikely that people would go back and read it.
It looks like Oscons are being discontinued, so these Nichicon LF might be a good alternative. I guess we have to thank the motherboard tweakers :)
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

I'm so glad you posted this! I bought 4 Silmics from this seller about three weeks ago to use as cathode bypass caps in my QQV amp and, as you say, they arrived quickly and looked Kosher, so having no way of measuring them other than by ear I read the Ebay Caps thread with increasing concern, relieved only by the fact that they caps did seem to make a significant improvement. I should learn to trust my ears....
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Max N
Old Hand

Post by Max N »

Sorry to have caused you worry Shane.
I am a big fan of Silmics - they are the best I have tried for cathode bypass.