Liquorice Pizzas and other Stuff

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1 Liquorice Pizzas and other Stuff

Post by Ray P »

I don't think I've mentioned this record store before but they've recently moved to new (larger) premises in Taunton and are now on my route into town so I was reminded to post this.

Anyway, http://www.blackcat-records.co.uk/ is a friendly place with a good selection of stock, a substantial part of which is vinyl.

They were playing some good music, quite well reproduced, when I had a browse yesterday, unlike the HMV store up the road where I think the band playing (very loudly) must have been called 'The Black and Deckers, (featuring DJ Dyson)'.

Ray
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by Ray P »

BTW, if you're in the West Country and tempted to visit you may want to know that their location info shown on the website is out of date, they are now located in Bridge Street, Taunton.

Ray
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

It's good to see independent record shops doing well. Whenever I visited Glastonbury I had a rummage through the stock at Tor Records and sometimes even bought one or two items.

Locally here in Greenwich we have Casbah records who stock lots of vinyl new and used, plus CD's. They're ok, not that well stocked on vinyl (lack of room) and their prices for some used vinyl are sometimes a little over the top, but good to have locally.

The other one is a branch of the Music and Tape Exchange whose main shop is at Notting Hill. They don't dote so much on quality there but there are some bargains to be found, the basement stocks hundreds of vinyl offerings for a pound each. I often take a chance on these and have had some nice surprises, I'd guess that in about 15 months I've only had about ten naff vinyl purchases from at least 120.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony