Panzerholz

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
iansr
Old Hand

#1 Panzerholz

Post by iansr »

Andrew Cunningham (LT Lewis Ltd) used to be the UK distributor of Panzerholz. Andrew has now retired but with his cooperation I am making arrangements to make Panzerholz once again available to the UK hi fi community. Initially at least, I will be supplying a standard size of 530 x 498 x 25 mm. If there is sufficient interest I will also be able to supply 625 x 498 x 25 mm pieces.

Supplying such pieces was very much a sideline for Andrew alongside his main business of supplying Panzerholz in larger quantities for commercial use. That is not the same for me and as a consequence my prices need to be higher in order to make this a viable venture.

This makes the pieces I'm supplying relatively expensive. However, my researches tell me that Panzerholz has a far better damping factor than any of the other popular materials such as birch plywood, beech plywood, Corian, marble, slate or granite and is the best material that anyone has so far identified for making plinths, hi fi platforms or speaker baffles. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

The price for the 530x498x25 mm size is £200 plus shipping. I can offer a small discount to anyone buying multiple pieces. I am expecting to take delivery from Germany in July. Quantities will be limited and I will not be ordering again until there is once again sufficient demand.

If you would like to order one or more pieces or would be interested in the larger size if available then please let me know as soon as possible.
"Its good enough for Government work."
iansr
Old Hand

#2 Re: Panzerholz

Post by iansr »

The Panzerholz pieces have now arrived.
"Its good enough for Government work."