A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#1 A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Post by vinylnvalves »

After much deliberation I have decided to move on my coaxial compression drivers, BMS 4592’s These are used in Berts Swings and all his subsequent horn loaded speakers. These are great drivers covering 300 hz upto 30k in a good horn, like a CD etc. They have electrostatic speaker clarity and good midrange presence. However you need to sit about 4m from them to get the best out of them. I haven’t that space in my dedicated music room, close up they are like lasers beaming into your ears. I recently played with them with the DSP, a very noticeable improvement over the passive xovers, as the minor humps and dips can be levelled easily.

I am after £410 for the pair for an easy sale.
chris661
Shed dweller

#2 Re: A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Post by chris661 »

Very interesting. Do they come with the BMS passive crossovers?
I can think of a couple of projects where these would really shine.

Chris
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#3 Re: A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Post by vinylnvalves »

Chris,

I don’t have passive crossovers I am afraid. The standard BMS ones are a little generic, the horn you are using means they need modifying for each application. I forgot to mention they are the 8 ohms ones.
chris661
Shed dweller

#4 Re: A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Post by chris661 »

Thanks for the info.

I've got a couple of things in the works that would result in regular income for me, and will hear back about the first early next week. If that one goes ahead, then I'd like to buy these. If they go in the mean time, no problem.

Cheers,
Chris
vinylnvalves
Old Hand

#5 Re: A pair of BMS 4592 compression drivers.

Post by vinylnvalves »

No problem. In no rush to sell. Been bubble wrapping the horns to put in the loft, it’s strange not having compression drivers in my system. Still got some JBL’s and Altecs in the cupboard for when I next feel like a change.