EV DH1a pair - any interest?

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
chris661
Shed dweller

#1 EV DH1a pair - any interest?

Post by chris661 »

Hi chaps,

I'm thinking of selling these compression drivers. They've seen PA use, only ever above 800Hz, with 4th order crossovers. Genuine EV diaphragms, none of the aftermarket stuff.
One of the chaps on diyAudio did a lot of testing against some pretty high-end drivers, including B&C and BMS, and the DH1as were never beaten on distortion and output, even down at 200Hz. They could use a super-tweeter coming in at 12kHz or so, but EQ can get the top end back in if you'd prefer.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-wa ... ation.html

Included will be a pair of EV HP64 horns, and some P.Audio 90x40 horns that also fit. The EV horns are the nicer ones in my opinion, but need more EQ work to get a flat response.

These are very very good drivers, beating a B&C DE82 by 3dB for similar distortion IIRC. This was at stupid levels, though - at a volume that doesn't send you running immediately, distortion will be vanishingly low.

The B&C drivers retail around $200 each, so I'd be asking in the region of £300 for my EVs. Feel free to make an offer, though - I might just take it.
I'd prefer collection near Sheffield since they're not small or light. If I can find them, I'll also supply my measurements of the compression drivers on the two horns.

Cheers
Chris