new user

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
sparcki
New User

#1 new user

Post by sparcki »

Hi , thanks for letting me join your group, i am a member of other Audio forums but some tend to be USA populated.
I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and my current system is
Sansui Au 717 amplification ( re capped , glue gone!)
Technics sl1200GR turntable
Paradise phono stage
Russel K RED 50 speakers/ B & W M665 in ceiling speakers remote room
Cambridge audio CXN streamer
Cyrus cd player
I mostly play vinyl as i have over 1000 albums, i would like to upgrade my speakers in the near future, love Colin Toppsy Edlingdales or something similar.
All the best Gary
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: new user

Post by IslandPink »

Hi Gary, welcome. You aren't too far from Doncaster where we have ( had ! ) our annual meetings.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
sparcki
New User

#3 Re: new user

Post by sparcki »

Thanks Islandpink , I had noticed whilst browsing the forum that a lot of meetings take place in Yorkshire area.
I would love attend a meeting when we are allowed.I used to be a train driver so know my way around the country.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#4 Re: new user

Post by jack »

How spooky!

I've just been bemoaning the sale (years ago) of my immaculate AU717 and singing the praises of Sansui in general. It's a great great amp.

I sold it for a couple of 100 quid - in good condition I see they are now in the 900 quid bracket... Annoyed, I am.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ruffrecords
User

#5 Re: new user

Post by ruffrecords »

Hello and thanks for letting me join this community. I belong to several audio groups but this is the first UK centric one I have come across. I found it by accident when looking for 6V6 cathode follower stages for a design for a version of the active DI box used at Motown studios in the 60s.

My main interest is in valve based professional audio and I have designed and supplied a number of all valve audio mixers and ancillary units.

My main audio sources are tape. I have two Revos A77s, a high speed Ferrograph and an 8 track Fostex that I used many years ago to make demos of local bands.

Cheers

Ian
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: new user

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Ian,
Welcome to Audio Talk.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
ruffrecords
User

#7 Re: new user

Post by ruffrecords »

Oops, I just realised I pooped on someone else's thread. Sorry. :shock:

Cheers

Ian