Hey there, I'm Ami!

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Ami
User

#1 Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Ami »

Hello.
My name is Ami, I am thirteen, a student, and have started an extracurricular class studying electronics at school, I would eventually like to work as an electronic technician, or designer like my late Dad who tragically passed away this year. I believe I've a head start on the others this year as the project is to build a working radio.

I used to help Dad with his hobby projects, and I learned some of the basics about the way components work, and more importantly, how to be safe with electricity. Last year I asked if I could try a project of my own, and from a design he gave me, I've managed to build a simple MW radio that works well but has very few parts and only one transistor, that drives a set of homemade earphones, it's this set that I intend to modify for the class project, for that I will need to add an amplifier so it can drive a loudspeaker :P

I would really like to get into radio/audio construction, (like Dad), as well as learning how to build from discreet components, (valves as well as transistorized), as I would like to understand the design process and not just assemble kits or build other people's designs. I've been reading up on the subject with books like The Art of Electronics, and to be honest, its on the limit of my ability to understand them, but I find it satisfying when the penny finally drops.

My late dad's legacy on this is that I probably won't ever want for any test equipment or parts as I probably have all I will ever need already.

With this in mind, I joined a few forums to get myself into something a little more interactive than just reading up on this stuff in books and on the "how to" type websites.

Oh yes, and I love ALL music, that is REAL MUSIC, or put another way, where the art is in the performance, not the autotune unit in the studio!

And that boys, (and girls?) is why I'm here!

Ami.

PS. I hope the "management" here doesn't mind but as a method of parental control, my dear Mum has insisted I use dads old email address, rather than one of my own.

And....

Nobody need be politically correct with me, but it seems to befuddle people on forums that I AM A GIRL!!!
shane
Social outcast

#2 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by shane »

Ami, you couldn’t have come to a better place! There’s everyone her from complete beginners like me to world-class designers like Nick, all happy to share their wisdom. Welcome.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Nick »

Hi, welcome aboard.

If you are reading The Art Of, and making sense of some of it then you are well on the way to wherever you want to get.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Andy831
User

#4 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Andy831 »

Refreshing to see a girl on any of the forums, welcome Ami enjoy your time here.
Ami
User

#5 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Ami »

Andy831 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:29 pm Refreshing to see a girl on any of the forums, welcome Ami enjoy your time here.
Thanks Andy and all! People have already been so helpful, one day I hope to reciprocate, I find it odd that in my age group engineering interests is maybe 25% to 75% girls to boys but I've only noticed a few ladies on the tech interest forums. I never saw a sign saying men only, so I don't know what they're frightened of! But they do seem to love that twofacebook service :P

Luv, Ami.
Andy831
User

#6 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Andy831 »

Ami there are some really good technical people on this forum who will go out of their way to help you, I know as being none technical (in electronics but still an Engineer in another field) I have had lots of advice and help, so good luck with your continued education. :)
Lee S
Old Hand

#7 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Lee S »

©2020 Lee
Ami
User

#8 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Ami »

Andy831 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 am Ami there are some really good technical people on this forum who will go out of their way to help you, I know as being none technical (in electronics but still an Engineer in another field) I have had lots of advice and help, so good luck with your continued education. :)
Thanks Andy, that's sweet.
Lee S wrote: https://hairstylesware.co/medium-haircu ... s-girls-2/
http://elegancerebellion.com/tween-hair ... -haircuts/

Also a hairstyle model too eh?
Hi there.

That caused a bit of a stir here! Words like creepy were used, (it's all cool with me though, fun game)

No I'm not a model, the properties of your first link are not pukka. They have no right to use that image.

That second link is a reversed image of this Lady. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnnaSophia_Robb.

No I'm not her :( But I would like her money :P

I think those sites are just pulling images down off the net.

Luv, Ami.
Lee S
Old Hand

#9 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Lee S »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing3: :laughing3:
©2020 Lee
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#10 Re: Hey there, I'm Ami!

Post by Ray P »

Lee S wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:37 pm :roll: :roll: :roll: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing3: :laughing3:
><>
Sorry, I couldn't resist!