New to this ... so bear with me

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Blues45
User

#1 New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Just saying Hi for the first time basically. Yes, I love Blues Music and yes I love hi-fi reproduction - but it has to be affordable for old geezers such as me. Currently I am playing with Fostex T50RP MK3 Headphones and would like to get the best from them - so if you have any affordable tips please shout out. I suffer from Tinnitus which is very annoying when you have a very large music collection - but I am trying to deal with it and have just bought a Graphic Equaliser that will give me some tone control, especially in the high frequency range. Blues is my favourite music, followed by some popular music, then Classical music and some Jazz . 2000 plus CD's. Headphone amplifier, headphones, graphic equaliser, CD Player and DAC are my chief listening criteria, but I also have a integrated amplifier and speakers for odd occasions. I do not have a Home Theatre system, just a conventional Smart TV that I tend to plug cheaper headphones into, a Blu-Ray DVD Player etc. But I do have a few decent DVD's and not all are movies as I like to buy the odd music DVD, especially anything Bluesy - such as Gary Moore.
steve s
Shed dweller

#2 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by steve s »

Hi and welcome, headphones is one thing i dont own..maybe I should get some...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Blues45
User

#3 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Hi, Oh yes, definitely get some headphones if you want the ultimate personal listening experience. If you have a detached residence and the nearest neighbour is 100 metres/yards away you can let rip with your speakers and have a great experience - similar to headphones. Hundreds of headphones to choose from and some are megabucks - and overpriced dramatically. If you are reasonably serious about music listening then you need to audition before you buy, especially if you invest in a headphone amplifier too. There are some bargains to be found and I am sure that some people on here will offer advice on the subject. I am based in the UK and there are not as many bargains to be had as there are in the USA, for example. You could check out the Beyerdynamic DT990 Headphones - the 250 ohms Model preferably - for starters. Good luck in your hunting. Regards, Den.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by IslandPink »

Welcome to the forum !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Blues45
User

#5 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Thank you - how's the weather in Denbighshire today? It's kind of dull and grey here in Lancashire. Listened to any decent music lately? Regards, Den.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by IslandPink »

Grey also.
To be honest, it's black now !
Music - well 'Lick my Decals off baby' on Straight original
and Groundhogs 'Who Will Save the World? The Mighty Groundhogs'
are the recent highlights !
Andy831
User

#7 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Andy831 »

Welcome Blues45 from a fellow Lacastrian (currently in exile in Yorkshire.........just)
Blues45
User

#8 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Sounds like you are in Marsden perhaps - I walk my dog there every now and again, weather permitting. What got you onto Audio-Talk then? Den.
Andy831
User

#9 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Andy831 »

Hi Den

Blackshaw Head not Mardsen but within spitting distance of the border LOL

I came here originally because Nick repaired one of my valve amps. While I am not techie myself lots of the other posters are and they will often put themselves out to offer advise and help. Its a good forum mate with very knowledgable posters.

Enjoy your time here

Andy
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by IslandPink »

Blues45 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 am Sounds like you are in Marsden perhaps - I walk my dog there every now and again, weather permitting. What got you onto Audio-Talk then? Den.
You're not called 'Den Shaw' by any chance ? :D
ps. I was born in Lancashire but they moved it to Cheshire later ( Croft, near Warrington ) .
Blues45
User

#11 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

IslandPink wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 am
Blues45 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 am Sounds like you are in Marsden perhaps - I walk my dog there every now and again, weather permitting. What got you onto Audio-Talk then? Den.
You're not called 'Den Shaw' by any chance ? :D
ps. I was born in Lancashire but they moved it to Cheshire later ( Croft, near Warrington ) .
Close my friend - Denshaw is about 1 mile away from Shaw. So Croft was once in Lancs huh? Then they moved it to N. Wales huh?
Blues45
User

#12 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Andy831 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:25 am Hi Den

I came here originally because Nick repaired one of my valve amps. While I am not techie myself lots of the other posters are and they will often put themselves out to offer advise and help. Its a good forum mate with very knowledgable posters.

Enjoy your time here

Andy
Well it's good to know that someone knows what they are talking about and can actually REPAIR something, rather than throw it in a skip. Blackshaw Head - is that where the Hang Gliders hang out? Got any good music you wanna tell me about? Den.
Blues45
User

#13 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Andy831 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:25 am Hi Den

Enjoy your time here

Andy
Oh, you're out i'nt sticks ... near Hebden Bridge. Pubs and Chippy country. Good luck when it snows !!!!! Den.
Andy831
User

#14 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Andy831 »

Yeah out on the moor above Hebden Bridge on the Road to Burnley.
Blues45
User

#15 Re: New to this ... so bear with me

Post by Blues45 »

Yeah, Don't Burnley have a football club that's almost as good as Oldham Athletic? How do I find the Techie People on here that know how to spot a bargain piece of equipment or advise on repairs and such like? Den.