Hi there

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Mondshort
New User

#1 Hi there

Post by Mondshort »

I came across you site after reading a thread from 2011 by colin hepburn regarding a Mordaunt Short MS821, so I am hoping you can help

I have the centre speaker version MS821C -a 8ohm tweeter and 2x 3.5ohm mid/bass drivers, which were wired in series.

I contacted Mordaunt Short via email and had a reply from Cambridge Audio who passed me to Lockwood audio who inturn passed me to Wilmslow Audio who basically said bin it.

My ex took exception to this speaker while it was apart and used the wire cutters.

What is wired to the plus and negative of the binding posts then to the speakers.

The Tweeter wiring is straightforward, the wiring to the bass drivers not so as I have additional components to those for a single speaker (second picture)

This picture from the 2011 thread by colin hepburn http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3780

Can anyone help with the reconnection? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.