Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
givemehifi
New User

#1 Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by givemehifi »

Hi there,

I just saw that you like to have a sign of life from new members, which is a nice idea. I read some interesting stuff about partial feedback pentode pp amps on this forum, so I decided to join. I have been a lurker on diyaudio for quite some time now, but this forum also seems to be pretty good! My private life didn't allow to go into time-consuming builds the last years...so instead I collected (lots of) parts, read books and in the internet when I had time...electronics and audio-equipment were always part of my leisure time and professional life. Hope to share and discuss some ideas about valve se and pp amps and phono stages in early fall.

Günther
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#2 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Paul Barker »

Good to hear from you and welcome.

I'm using one of the push pull pentode amps with partial feedback discussed on here known as "Barbaric"!

I have way too much bits and pieces and build plenty of different types of amps in the past.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by IslandPink »

Hi Gunther
Good to have you on the forum :D
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hello, good afternoon and welcome Gunther :)
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
givemehifi
New User

#5 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by givemehifi »

Thanks for the welcomes!

Indeed, it was the thread opened by Cressy Snr about the "Barbarik" (wasn't it with a "k" in the beginnning?) that drew my attention to this forum. I'm at page 42 or so...but unfortunately there are no images/diagrams available anymore.

Would you, Cressy Snr, as the creator of them, mind sharing them and show me the final version? I know the concept (e.g. Gary Pimms work) and there are lots of details mentioned in the thread, but it would be great to see it drawn.

Thanks,
Günther
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Cressy Snr »

I'll have a look for the diagrams. Dropbox ceased public folders and thus the diagrams disappeared.
I'll PM you my email address when I have found them. You won't be able to PM me back as I have disabled PMs and am not going to re enable them in the foreseeable future.

Send me an email and I will send you some PDFs of the circuits.

Hope that helps.
steve s
Shed dweller

#7 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by steve s »

welcome.. lots of valve amp builders and experience around here , and I think a lot of differing views on what makes the best amp...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker

#8 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Paul Barker »

Steve I can forward to him the ones you sent me if you cant find them.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#9 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Cressy Snr »

If you could do that for me, that would be great Paul.
Will save me having to trawl through my backups.

Cheers. :)
Paul Barker

#10 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Paul Barker »

Gunther can i have an emial address to forward it to?
givemehifi
New User

#11 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by givemehifi »

These are pretty fast reactions, nice to see this forum is alive! I'm obviously too new here to create PMs.

So I'm thankful for you Paul, to send the diagrams to greimherrATt-online.de

(somehow the audio-talk server itself is not able to send messages to neither my t-online.de nor to my googlemail.com account. Strange.)

Yes, there are different views on what is the best way to create an audio-system and amps. Depending on lots of parameters. I'm dealing with this for 20 years now and I'm happy to have found the teachings of Siegfried Linkwitz. This lead me to a 2-way system (+ subwoofer and + tweeter) with digitally equalized 12" bass and 12" Philips-fullrange in minimal open baffle, crossover 300Hz. Pretty good value for lower budget I think. So I will go for low-power amps for the midrange-system + tweeter.
Paul Barker

#12 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by Paul Barker »

Hopefully its got to you now.

I'm probably going back to OB aswell.
givemehifi
New User

#13 Re: Hi there..i'm here for valve amps mainly.

Post by givemehifi »

I got it. Thanks Paul and Steve! I will continue reading this thread in order to get the comments for the final version and see the development of the circuit.