Hello

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
CN211276
User

#1 Hello

Post by CN211276 »

Became interested in hi-fi in 1979 when I got my first system. The interest faded from the mid 80s but has resurfaced this decade. My source is almost totally digital and musical tastes go back to the 70s and 80s, rock and metal.
Irene Idler
User

#2 Re: Hello

Post by Irene Idler »

While you might not find too many people interested in your particular musical taste here, I think you'll find we'Re a pretty open-minded bunch, despite the occasional foray into taking the piss :)
"Hey, you know the rules, baby. If you wanna PLAY funky, you gotta SMELL funky." -- Mike Troutman
Nick
Site Admin

#3 Re: Hello

Post by Nick »

Irene Idler wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 pm While you might not find too many people interested in your particular musical taste here, I think you'll find we'Re a pretty open-minded bunch, despite the occasional foray into taking the piss :)
Oh I dont know, nothing wrong with that set of music IMHO. I was thinking the other day, I must get another copy of Strangers in the night by UFO, one of the gigs of my youth I can just about remember when they were still playing with Michael Schenker.

Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
CN211276
User

#4 Re: Hello

Post by CN211276 »

Saw UFO a few months back and they can still deliver. The set was not dominated by the "Strangers in the night" material as previous times I have seen them. It was nice to hear songs from the Chapman era.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: Hello

Post by Dave the bass »

Glad to hear they still tick the box, do they cover very early Mick Bolton-era stuff? I loved that raw sound they had on the 1st 3 albums with him. I'm having a brain crushing rock sesh right now enjoying Boogie for George.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: Hello

Post by IslandPink »

Hello !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
CN211276
User

#7 Re: Hello

Post by CN211276 »

The UFO set was still dominated by "Strangers in the night" material, but for the first time I can remember it contained songs which are not on "Strangers in the night" or the latest album. There was nothing pre Schenker.