new user

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
sparcki
New User

#1 new user

Post by sparcki »

Hi , thanks for letting me join your group, i am a member of other Audio forums but some tend to be USA populated.
I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and my current system is
Sansui Au 717 amplification ( re capped , glue gone!)
Technics sl1200GR turntable
Paradise phono stage
Russel K RED 50 speakers/ B & W M665 in ceiling speakers remote room
Cambridge audio CXN streamer
Cyrus cd player
I mostly play vinyl as i have over 1000 albums, i would like to upgrade my speakers in the near future, love Colin Toppsy Edlingdales or something similar.
All the best Gary
IslandPink
Social Sevices have been notified

#2 Re: new user

Post by IslandPink »

Hi Gary, welcome. You aren't too far from Doncaster where we have ( had ! ) our annual meetings.
"Peridots and periwinkle, blue medallions Gilded galleons spilled across the ocean floor" ( Mitchell )
sparcki
New User

#3 Re: new user

Post by sparcki »

Thanks Islandpink , I had noticed whilst browsing the forum that a lot of meetings take place in Yorkshire area.
I would love attend a meeting when we are allowed.I used to be a train driver so know my way around the country.
jack
Eternally single

#4 Re: new user

Post by jack »

How spooky!

I've just been bemoaning the sale (years ago) of my immaculate AU717 and singing the praises of Sansui in general. It's a great great amp.

I sold it for a couple of 100 quid - in good condition I see they are now in the 900 quid bracket... Annoyed, I am.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
ruffrecords
User

#5 Re: new user

Post by ruffrecords »

Hello and thanks for letting me join this community. I belong to several audio groups but this is the first UK centric one I have come across. I found it by accident when looking for 6V6 cathode follower stages for a design for a version of the active DI box used at Motown studios in the 60s.

My main interest is in valve based professional audio and I have designed and supplied a number of all valve audio mixers and ancillary units.

My main audio sources are tape. I have two Revos A77s, a high speed Ferrograph and an 8 track Fostex that I used many years ago to make demos of local bands.

Cheers

Ian
Cressy Snr
Loony Bin!

#6 Re: new user

Post by Cressy Snr »

Hi Ian,
Welcome to Audio Talk.
“The sound you love today may not be the sound you love tomorrow, and with tube circuits you can continually retune your gear to what reflects your current vibe...so you can get even down deeper into your truth.” (Harvey Rosenburg.)
ruffrecords
User

#7 Re: new user

Post by ruffrecords »

Oops, I just realised I pooped on someone else's thread. Sorry. :shock:

Cheers

Ian