MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

What people are working on at the moment
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#166 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Dave the bass »

Not yet Nick, I've got no projects on the go at the moment where I could use them, but rest assured I will at sometime.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#167 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The wonderful thing about being in theatre early morning is......
The etc etc etc are 1. I am not the centre of attention,so to speak and 2. Job done and I'm in my fav. coffee bar downtown sipping cappacino and reading my kindle,the rest of my day given over to playing my guitar and anything else that comes to mind but you dear DtB should be nose to the grindstone, shouldn't you!
When I strolled into BedHos a few hours ago a lady exclaimed as she jumped into a taxi, 'I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! '

It made me think though...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#168 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote:The wonderful thing about being in theatre early morning is......
When I strolled into BedHos a few hours ago a lady exclaimed as she jumped into a taxi, 'I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! '

It made me think though...
Nooooooooooooooobody expects.... (etc. etc.)

Yesterday spent in the Spire hospital TW with #2 son - throat operation under general. He's not a happy bunny today....

One interesting thing though. Bradycardia, His resting heart rate was 38. I mean, he's very fit, but 38?

The anesthetist did an ECG he was so concerned, but then decided that they rarely get very fit people in hospital, and the traces looked ok...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
andrew Ivimey

#169 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by andrew Ivimey »

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who am I to say but 38 seems a tad on the slow side. Hope all is well.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#170 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who am I to say but 38 seems a tad on the slow side. Hope all is well.
Me (and him) too... He's extremely fit and we all have low pulse rate - mine is about 50, SWMBO's similar (55).

However, we'll probably ask the GP about it as he's home for the holidays whilst recovering from the op... as luck would have it (!) his rugby season is over anyway as he dislocated his shoulder a month ago...
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#171 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Mike H »

Image .. FFS ...

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Paul Barker

#172 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Paul Barker »

jack wrote:
andrew Ivimey wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who am I to say but 38 seems a tad on the slow side. Hope all is well.
Me (and him) too... He's extremely fit and we all have low pulse rate - mine is about 50, SWMBO's similar (55).

However, we'll probably ask the GP about it as he's home for the holidays whilst recovering from the op... as luck would have it (!) his rugby season is over anyway as he dislocated his shoulder a month ago...
Inspired to take mine.
60. I am happy at that.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#173 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Ray P »

jack wrote:Just a'wondering - anyone used any of these for anything yet :)
The build I documented a few posts back is now in regular service and preforming without any problems. Sound from the project is very good though I haven't compared the supply with any alternatives so can't offer any comparative results.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#174 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by jack »

Ta Ray...

I sent out about 70 kits in total... Just wondering...
Tinear
New User

#175 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Tinear »

Just recently installed in my phono pre and very pleased with the results. Worked like a charm from the first. Did you get my message re possibility of buying an additional kit? Thx for all your effort.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#176 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by jack »

Glad to hear its doing its job !

Did see the email - been away - I'll drop you a PM... do you just one full board only?
Tinear
New User

#177 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Tinear »

"its doing its job" is British. I believe (after a few days listening) that translates into American as Wow, that's great!! : )
davebms
User

#178 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by davebms »

Ray P wrote:It lives!

I've been testing my first build of one of Nicks kits. I've tested OK with dummy loads and it checked out fine so I've hooked it up to the target load; looking good so far;

I'm planning to use it to power a Broskie BCF kit. I used 35V zeneers, which the manual say will give 200.9VDC, I'm reading 199.3VDC so pretty damn close (within 1% of what the manual says it should be). I've set the zeneer chain current to 10mA for now to see how it goes over an hour or so. Total load will be 21mA plus whatever zeneer load I dial in.

One thing to look out for when using this regulator to power a valve stage like mine is start-up. I'm not using any switch on delay for the B+ and I noticed that the zeneer load is initially about 30mA before it settles back to 10mA after a few seconds, presumably as the filaments warm up; I think I'll arrange for some switch on delay in the final implementation as the initial peak is likely to stress the components. What do you think Nick?

Ray

ray ,, in front off the MJ rejulator is what looks to be a CLCL filter board im looking for a board like that
can you please tell me where to get one

dave
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#179 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by Ray P »

Dave, it is a CLC board that I had made up for some of my own projects.

I made the board flexible; it has pads for an IsoPac bridge rectifier and can be cut down to be used in sections. Here I've used two of the boards (one cut down) for the CLCLC filter for one of my 300B OTL amps.

I have a couple of boards spare that I could sell you at cost (say £3 each) if their of interest? I'll dig out a jpeg of the board layout for you later if that would be useful?

If there's wider interest I could get some more boards fabricated?

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
davebms
User

#180 Re: MJ Statistical Regulator PCBs

Post by davebms »

yes please 2 boards would be ideal,,, j peg would be good

pay pal ?
dave