Closeness of O/P valve, mains and O/P transformer

We all start somewhere
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

James wrote:Greg,

Flux band should look something like this, a more representative picture than the last one.

James.
Hi James,

Thank you. That picture is very instructive and I will model my O/P Tx's that way.

Regards,

Greg
JamesD
Old Hand

Post by JamesD »

If it is a resonant transformer effect then I'm thinking it might be more effective (and cheaper) to modify the mains transformer that way as its that beastie that is resonating due to the influence of the other iron on its flux...

Only trying it will tell of course. Sorry not to be sure what it is.

James D
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi JamesD,

Thank you. James is doing a fantastic job supporting me on this. In addition to what I've said I intend to do, I'll shortly be adding those copper tape bands to all three transformers and to also include the use of top hat insulating washers. I'll report back after completing the next stage on this project. I'm determined to make this work. The sound is too good to be thrown away.

Regards,

Greg
Neal
Shed dweller

Post by Neal »

Where these construction points not in the original 2A3 build instructions Greg? (not the copper tape) I recall similar being in the 300B / K5881 / Kel xxxx etc instructions, just curious...
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Neal,

I lied. The mains Tx is isolated with top hat washers. I had forgotten, but dismantling today to measure the circumference for copper tape, I found I had fitted them originally.

Greg