6922 / LM675 Hybrid Amp

We all start somewhere
tom42107
New User

#1 6922 / LM675 Hybrid Amp

Post by tom42107 »

Hello,
This is my first time posting to this forum. I am pretty new to DIY audio circuits but am diving in anyway. I need some help with an hybrid amp that I would like to build. The schematic is attached. My questions are:

1. The constant current source is confusing me. I have used an LM317 before to make a ccs. On the schematic it shows a negative voltage at the bottom. Could I just use an LM337 instead? Which way is in and out? Is the negative voltage source the same as the negative source for the opamp?

2. Can I put the tube and all the components, (minus the LM675 and it's components), on the perf-board and wire between the tube circuit board and the opamp circuit board?

3. Because the 6922 is a dual triode, can I use one side left and one side right?

Thanks for any help you guys might have for me.

Tom
Attachments
Hybrid Gainclone.jpg
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

1/ 317 can be used put adj to the minus rail, current seting resistor between out and minus rail.

it will be the same negative supply the gainclone chip uses.

2/ yes

3/ yes it is done all the time. Purists say use one valve per channel and use opposite side on each channel, so that when the valves are tired switch channels and they have a new lifespan. In your case depends on your budget and it is not the sort of amplifier you need to turn into a purist over. the very nature of such an amp is compromise. But it is a low budget way of achieving reasonable sound.