Audio signal generator

We all start somewhere
Max N
Old Hand

#1 Audio signal generator

Post by Max N »

Andrew linked to this function generator on another thread:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Equipm ... ator-71558

I'm tempted but I thought I would ask if anyone else had any recommendations.
I got the MJ 'building valve amplifiers' book for Xmas, so I'll have a read of that and maybe try and summarise what he says. I think it will be a useful thread for beginners who are looking to get a signal generator.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

If you are able to afford it then it will be well worth it.

Us paupers have to make do with a diy kit. But it does work a treat.

May I just say how much this hobby has benefited from the cheap electronics available from china.

Sadly our inland industry has been destroyed by chinease competition. What makes the whole thing worst is that the Chinease government pay their companies 20% premium for exporting. All our government can think to do with industry is tax it out of existence.

a 20% import duty on goods from China would level the playing field. but Western governments won't do that because the Chinease it is hoped will bankroll our financial crisis so that their main customer doesn't go under. But I don't think you can trust the Chinease to save our .

In the sectors of industry I know about that 20% is the difference is retail price between the horrible production quality Chinease stuff and the Much higher production quality European stuff. Net result for the Western world is loss of quality and longevity of products. cost to environment of remanufacturing all the time: priceless. And i am talking about products in the renewables sector.

Trying to save the planet was a complete waste of time. All the measures which have been taken are unravelled by poor quality hence repetetive production transport and so on. Failure of the actual hydrocarbon fuel saving device hurts the environment far greater than the little extra fuel all the reliable European made stuff we used to use which lasted 25 years instead of 5.

Anyway as it was only ever about politics it served it's purpose for it's time. Now we live with the consequences of a terrible 5 years. Some of us in my industry pointed all these things out at the time. Our opinion was worthless to the decision makers. Only opinions which suited the political agenda of the government of the day were acted upon. And it ever shall be so.
Andrew
Eternally single

Post by Andrew »

I just picked the cheapest one on there Max, so please don't read anything into that.

Andrew
Analogue, the lost world that lies between 0 and 1.