Hi from Chicago

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
Jwro
User

#1 Hi from Chicago

Post by Jwro »

New to the forum and a DIY beginner; retired and started building kits...it has changed my thinking and opened me up to other possibilities. Recently finished a Transcendent Sound, Bruiser, 35W Triode amp kit. Enjoyed putting it together and it sounds good, better than what I had before. So I'm inspired to keep going. I was looking into the Transcendent Sound Masterpiece, Headphone/Line Stage Preamp kit, which led me to this forum (I noticed a few members have experience with Rozenblit/Transcendent kits). So, I'm still at the kit building stage, not quite aimless wandering, but am hoping to learn and gain some insight...longer range maybe/plan is to build SET and single full range driver TQWT.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#2 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by simon »

Welcome Jwro. I've no experience of Transcendent kit but you have fun, exciting, frustrating and worthwhile hi fi times ahead.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#3 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The Transcendant was a home build synthesiser kit in about 1972. I used a aviation for a couple if years - never stayed in tune! But it made loads of noise.

Welcome!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Nick »

Hi, I have never heard any bad things about the Transcendant kit. I have one of the The Son of Beast OTL's here somewhere. I never built it, it was from another of this forum.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#5 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Ali Tait »

Fancy selling it Nick? Miss mine..
Nick
Site Admin

#6 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Nick »

Its the one from here

https://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB3/vie ... 46#p178046

I just added a new set of output valves. Doing nothing with it, so PM if you are interested.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Jwro
User

#7 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Jwro »

Thanks for the welcome!
Just want to say that I really appreciate this forum, lots of experienced people with a wealth of knowledge. It's a great resource.
As a newish DIY kit builder I'll probably do more reading than posting ...

PS: Also glad to see I helped spark a renewed interest in Transcendent Sound' The Son of Beast OTL ... !
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#8 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Ali Tait »

If you have the right speakers, the Mini Beast is a great amp and probably the best vfm of the amps he makes.
Jwro
User

#9 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Jwro »

Yeah, I am actually considering the Mini Beast but it won't work with my speakers. That set me off on a search for high efficiency, full range, single driver, DIY speakers. Searches have a way of expanding...there's a lot of stuff out there...and because I can't hear most of it I read these forums for clues. So, while I'm sorting all that out, I'm gonna build a preamp and might settle on the TS Masterpiece...to see where that leads.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#10 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Ali Tait »

I used mine with a pair of Bastanis open baffles, sounded great- clean and very fleet of foot. Also with a pair of Impulse H2- great bass!
Jwro
User

#11 Re: Hi from Chicago

Post by Jwro »

Ali Tait wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:29 pm I used mine with a pair of Bastanis open baffles, sounded great- clean and very fleet of foot. Also with a pair of Impulse H2- great bass!
Interesting speakers...more cool stuff to look at! I'm taking some first steps on the OTL path, so this'll be a slow burn, long range project.
Thanks for the inspiration!