Beresford Caiman SEG

Subjects that don't have their own home
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Beresford Caiman SEG

Post by pre65 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Got this up and running now.

WOW ! :D :D :D :D
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within
Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)

Ray P
Shed dweller

Re: Beresford Caiman SEG

Post by Ray P » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Is that it Phil?

It be useful to share a bit more information over in the 'Computer Audio' topic?

andrew Ivimey
No idea why I do this anymore

Post by andrew Ivimey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 am

That reminds me that I have a Beresford Caiman mk2 DAC. When I first switched it in and on I too said, wow! and Cor blimey and phoned Mr Beresford to tell him.

Erm, so impressed was I that after two weeks I was so impressed that I carefully wrapped the Caiman up in its box and forgot I had it! Cheers Phil for reminding me. (I was offered a super fab system with speakers that look like Dyson vac. cleaners that have their own inbuilt DACS etc etc for a very reasonable price and never looked back,so to speak.

But this Caiman is a digital pre-amp with a n array of inputs and a headphone socket - remember them!? Today, in conversation with a chum I was reminded that I have some Sennheisers and it has been a very long time since I listened attentively to music this way.

So a comparison can be done with the superb svelt Caiman and the SEA but in the meantime I'm putting some headphones on - hurrah and again, cheers Phil.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Started building a 15v power supply for when I get Stan to do the "supercap" conversion.

Old World Designs chassis with blue acrylic front plate and voltmeter.

18v toroid and Lt1083 regulator module.It's been tested with clip leads and a dummy load.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within
Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)